• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Arlo' Cameras BLOCKED by Adobe update message.

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent the last three hours attempting to use my 'Arlo' Cameras after changing the Batteries, that were running low. With 'Arlo' Support, we went through the usual rutine 'fixes', but nothing has worked, including re-installing Adobe and Arlo and swapping browsers several times.

The Camaras are being BLOCKED by an 'update' message that isn't nessesry, as I have the latest version and have changed that again this afternoon in anattempt to free my Cameras to no avail.

The message says: "A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required. Please install the latest version from here."

How many times, do you think people should have to update the Adobe Flash player, I have done that three times today and the player that was in my files was dated 11/02/20, so there wasn't really any need to update it it the first place. But ADOBE HAVE PERSISTANTLY INSISTED and are STILL BLOCKING my Cameras, preventing me from using them Live online.

Every time I attampt to turn a Camera on I get the 'update' message that BLOCKS any usage.

Has anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it? The So Called Adobe Support, who told me to ask it's users as the operative didn't know what to do.

TOPICS
Product issue , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you keep getting a message to update, the issue with with the content you are attempting to view, not Flash Player.

All major browser vendors block/disable Flash by default and rely on the content's Flash detection scripts to determine if the content needs Flash or not.  If so, then the browser prompts the user to unblock/allow Flash.

In your case this doesn't seem to be happening.  You'll need to report this to the content provider so they can fix there website Flash detection scripts so that the browser can detect the content needs Flash and prompt you to allow/enable Flash in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, this isn't Flash Player throwing the dialog, it's your browser.  Most of the US browsers are phasing out Flash, and a big part of that agenda is blocking Flash content by default.  You can usually enable Flash to play in the browser (most browsers will now forget and require you to do this every time you start the browser) and then reload the Arlo portal to proceed normally.

See this article for help on enabling Flash in your browser: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Long story short, Netgear needs to update the Arlo portal to remove the Flash dependency.  Opening a support case with them on the usability problem might encourage them to prioritize this work.  With most major western browsers removing support for Flash Player at the end of 2020 (https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/), their runway is quickly running out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines