• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

arrow keys dont work on flash games

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, anyone had this problem? The arrow keys dont work when I play flash games. Have downloaded latest version of flash (multiple times) and still the same problem. I load up a flash game, then can only use the mouse to play. Arrow keys just dont respond when used.

Arrow keys work fine on other programs, just flash is a problem

Really hope someone has had this before and knows what to do.

Thanks for any replies.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Given that the original post was from 2009, I'm going to lock this thread.  The original poster doesn't want email updates on this topic, and I hate to spam them.  

Flash Player is end-of-life on December 31, 2020.  We're actively encouraging people to uninstall at this point through both public messaging and pop-up notifications.  For convenience, I've included links to the uninstallers below: 

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2009 Mar 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and was looking around on the net for help. I found a post that said to try using the numbered keypad instead, as in 8 is up, 2 is down, 4 is left and 6 is right. It worked for me so hopefully this will help you as well. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 12 years later now, but yes i am having this problem with my new windows 10 laptop. The arrow keys either don't function at all, or they stop functioning after a few games in some flash games. Specifically 8-ball pool by miniclip. I had some issues with the arrow keys that were corrected by windows updates, but some problems persist at 8-ball pool by miniclip for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The arrow keys works for me in the final projector exe, I'm on Windows 10 (64-bit).

Unrelated: The "Control > Step Forward" and "Control > Step Back" keyboard shortcuts does not work in the projector however (Ctrl + left/right arrow key). I think that has been bugged for many years. Adobe never cared about fixing it. The control shortcuts for Play (Ctrl + Enter) or Rewind (Ctrl + R) works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given that the original post was from 2009, I'm going to lock this thread.  The original poster doesn't want email updates on this topic, and I hate to spam them.  

Flash Player is end-of-life on December 31, 2020.  We're actively encouraging people to uninstall at this point through both public messaging and pop-up notifications.  For convenience, I've included links to the uninstallers below: 

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

To answer your question, it's really dependent on how the developers wrote the game.  Depending on the OS and browser combination, the underlying key codes changed in the last couple years.  That sometimes breaks assumptions made by the underlying game.  You could experiment with different browsers and/or the standalone player, but again, you're probably better off just finding a game that isn't dependent on Flash Player at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines