Exit

asking to install latest version of flashplayer when I already have

Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating System : Windows 10

Browser : Edge (ActiveX)

Flash Version : 27.0.0.187

I am attempting to do an e-Learning course, and when the pop-up shows, is displays "Your Web Browser requires Flash Player 8 or greater to view this e-Learning content." I have downloaded the latest version, restarted my computer, enabled flash on IE, and have tried on chrome as well, nothing seems to work.  Please Help!!

Let me know what other information I can provide to help resolve this issue, and thanks in advance 

**EDIT: so, it works on Internet Explorer, but not on Edge or Chrome...? Any reason for this silliness?

Message was edited by: Jamie Lamotte

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you enable the Flash Player in Chrome? You have to do it, and maybe even give permission whenever you want to launch a SWF.  If you are talking about Adobe Captivate with SWF output, I would not recommend to use Edge at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you go to a test flash player here with Edge and Chrome

Adobe - Flash Player

can you see the swf playing? if yes, so the website must be have a html javascript issue to recognize

the last version of FP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Player updates for Edge are pushed by Microsoft as part of Windows updates. You can check if you have the latest version or not. To see the latest version available, you can refer to Adobe - Flash Player page. If your Flash Player is not latest, go to windows update and look for Flash Player updates. If you have the latest version installed, follow steps mentioned on Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge) page to enable Flash Player.

For Chrome, updates of Flash Player are pushed by Google as part of Chrome updates. To enable Flash Player for Chrome, refer to Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help .

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines