Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the ending of Flash, I'm currious to know what the alternatives are going to be for Doll makers, Avatar creators and other dress up games of similar sturcture that have ran off Flash for years. One of site I frequent has a notice of how to work around the no Flash issue which requires installing a previous version of flash and a webbrowser that is not mainstream. Isn't this more dangerous than Flash itself? 

I've searched for an avatar creater with supernatural options that is not flash based and is decent enough for my OCs however I'm comming up short handed. Any advice is greatly appricated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

"One of site I frequent has a notice of how to work around the no Flash issue which requires installing a previous version of flash and a webbrowser that is not mainstream. Isn't this more dangerous than Flash itself?"

This is not recommended as it results in using an old version of Flash Player with known, exploitable security issues fixed in future releases.  Sites recommending this are doing their users a disservice.

There is no alternative plugin to Flash Player.  Adobe announced Flash P

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"One of site I frequent has a notice of how to work around the no Flash issue which requires installing a previous version of flash and a webbrowser that is not mainstream. Isn't this more dangerous than Flash itself?"

This is not recommended as it results in using an old version of Flash Player with known, exploitable security issues fixed in future releases.  Sites recommending this are doing their users a disservice.

There is no alternative plugin to Flash Player.  Adobe announced Flash Player's end-of-life in July 2017 giving content creators, programmers, developers, IT experts, etc over 3 years remove Flash Player dependencies from their products. All modern browsers provide the capabilities necessary to do this in JavaScript.  This is an investment and prioritization choice, not a technical limitation. 

For reference:

Major browser vendors are deprecating Flash Player support.  For details specific to each vendor, please refer to:

• Apple Safari - removed Flash Player support in Safari 14, released Sept 16, 2020
  • Google Chrome - removed Flash Player support in Chrome 88, released Jan 19, 2021
  • Firefox - removed Flash Player support in Firefox 85, released on Jan 26, 2021.
    • Firefox ESR 78 will support Flash Player for the time being, assuming the Flash Player NPAPI plugin already installed as it’s no longer available for download.
  • Microsoft Edge - removed Flash Player support in Edge 88, released Jan 15, 2021
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer and legacy Edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Isn't this more dangerous than Flash itself? "

==============

That's a very good question.  And yes, it's risky and should be avoided.  It's the browsers that pulled the plug on plugins.  Unsupported plugins are an open door to malicious attacks from hackers and cyber pirates.  It's more than a bit sad that Flash content creators are resorting to this rather than creating new content that doesn't rely on Flash Player.   At this rate, they won't be around much longer.

Modern developers use a bevy of different tools including online ones. For example, this one creates static avatars in PNG or SVG.

https://avatarmaker.com/

If you can work with code, you can animate the SVG with CSS and JS code.

Or you can create your own vector puppets in Illustrator and jump into Adobe Character Animator.

It all depends on what you want for final output.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatley I was not blessed with the gift of art. Which is why I use avatar creaters, doll makers and such to create a visual of my OCs. Unfortunatley my OCs are also not standard humans. So the https://avatarmaker.com/ won't work for me as it has no supernatural options(wings, horns, animal traits, unusual skin colors). 

I used to use the Mega Avatar Creator by RinmaruGames 

I guess to answer my own question is that I need to practice my own art or wait until someone can come up with something better, which might take years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at Mixamo

https://www.mixamo.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines