Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Awful Experience

Engaged ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe folks,

I'm a long-time Adobe user and fan (I produce video for a living), and today I got a very negative impression of the product due to an ad I encountered on digg.com...

So I'm at my workstation doing my post, and sometimes drifting over to digg or gnews for distraction. I click on a digg video and the ad comes up BLASTING at FULL VOLUME... *AND* the player window goes modal!!! This means I can't dial back the volume or mute the ad, people around me are jolted, and I am slightly busted (NBD I'm the supervisor, but still).

All I could do was close the tab. I closed it and didn't go back (except to verify that what happened was what I thought happened). I moved on, with a negative impression of Adobe, and a negative feeling about the page where it was placed.

Kinda ironic, right? You have an awesome new product that promises to deliver wonderful user experiences, and the promotion get's botched by some little check box (which has been in there since prehistoric Actionscript), resulting in a negative user experience related to your new user experience tool.

I LOL'ed, and then I thought it would be helpful to post a touch of feedback.

Thanks everyone!

Eric D - CoralVision

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that's no good.  Thanks for the feedback.  Nobody wants to be blasted out of their chair by unexpected advertising audio.

Just so I understand, it sounds like Adobe purchased an ad on Digg for Adobe XD, and the ad automatically plays both video and audio at launch.  That *does* sounds pretty obnoxious, and I'd be happy to pass that feedback along. 

I don't personally have any intersection with the folks that do our marketing or ad placement.  We use a lot of small agencies and stuff,  too.  My guess is that it may not have been the intent (we're expecting the ad wrapper to launch us muted, etc.), but that's all way outside my wheelhouse.  I definitely feel you on the outcome. 

Since this is the Flash Player forum (which *is* my wheelhouse), I can say that it's probably not actually Flash but HTML5 doing the playback.  I didn't see an ad for XD myself, bug all the ads I saw in rotation on Digg were HTML.  That's beside the point, but yeah.

If you run across it again and can catch a screenshot, that would definitely help us track down the specific ad asset that's in play.  In the meantime, I have a bunch of old colleagues on XD, and it's a good excuse to go say hi. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines