Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

behaviour is different between .msi installed and .exe installed flash-player

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can watch a difference of behaviour whether FlashPlayer is installed from .msi (via GPO) or from .exe (standalone installation).

(same version 32.0.0.101, of course..)

Some flash based videos cannot appear in Firefox when flashplayer in installed from a .msi

If I unsintall the .msi , and then re-install from .exe, the problem disapears

Same problem about flash videos inlaid in a PDF file.

On a .msi installed computer , inlaid viedo does not appear (and the PDF viewer Adobe-Reader complains about it).

I unsinstall the .msi, and re-install as a .exe

The video becomes visible inside the PDF

Fiew years ago I was facing about the same problem : .msi installations was not detected by firefox (although visible in the windows-list  of installed software), and as a result was uncapable to play some flash-videos.

It seems that 4-5 years later, this problem still remains...

I must handle about 250 computers. Shall I make "hand-made" installation of  the ".exe version" of flash-player on all of the 250 computers ?

best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the following information:

• Windows OS version is this on?
  • Firefox version
  • What permissions role are the impacted users assigned (standard user, admin, etc)?
  • MSI and FlashInstall log files from an impacted system, for the same installation attempt
    • verbose MSI install log file with V (verbose logging) and X (extra debugging information) options
    • 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
    • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
  • Sample PDF file w/Flash video that is not working

Upload all requested files to cloud.acrobat.com/send (How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud​) or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require a user account to access.   Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.   Due to the length of the files do not post the contents directly in the forums.  Upload them as requested.

Thank you

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows-7 Pro 64b

Firefox : last versions  (63.x) (automatic update actived)

permissions : normal user  (not tested under admin rights, but I believe should be the same)

is it possible to activate de verbose installation when deployment through GPO ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should be able to enable it in the registry.  See How do I create an installation log? and scroll down to the "Automated logging with the Windows Installer Logging Policy" section

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here included 2 pictures (screenshot from today  2018-12-21)

- Firefox complains of not finding Flash

- Flash is really installed on the computer

Adobe message erreur.pngAdobe-message-erreur-2.png

And when asking Firefox to display the list of installed plugins and extensions, flash does not appear.

(meanwhile is does appear in this kind of list on the computer I am using at this moment to write this message)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines