• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big problem with Flash Player

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new update from tuesday I have heavy issues with Flash Player (29.0.0.140). I love to play free online games and other things that use Flash Player and they all don't work anymore. I tried to find the problem and I saw that every time before the games stopped working, it encumbered my gpu (graphic card) and the memory was heavily encumbered too. It worked with the old version of the Flash Player (29.0.0.113) perfectly, so I guess it's a memory leak which isn't intended by Adope. Also, I used the debugger version of the Flash Player and I got the following two results:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at com.sulake.habbo.avatar::HabboAvatarEditorManager/close()

at _-34U::_-1dd/dispose()

at _-bI::_-0eQ/dispose()

at _-0gI::_-02H/dispose()

at com.sulake.habbo.ui::_-20r/dispose()

at com.sulake.habbo.ui::RoomUI/dispose()

at com.sulake.core.runtime::_-0jP/dispose()

at com.sulake.core.runtime::_-2R5/dispose()

at com.sulake.core.runtime::_-2R5/error()

at com.sulake.core.runtime::_-2R5/_-0MQ()

at com.sulake.core.runtime::_-2R5/_-20T()

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at com.sulake.habbo.room::RoomEngine/_-HZ()

at com.sulake.habbo.room::RoomEngine/_-3FD()

at _-11q::_-fc/_-3-F()

at _-11q::_-fc/reset()

at _-11q::_-fc/dispose()

at com.sulake.habbo.catalog::HabboCatalog/dispose()

at com.sulake.core.runtime::_-0jP/dispose()

at com.sulake.core.runtime::_-2R5/dispose()

at com.sulake.core.runtime::_-2R5/error()

at com.sulake.core.runtime::_-2R5/_-0MQ()

at com.sulake.core.runtime::_-2R5/_-20T() 

I would love to get some help or a new Patch that fixes that problem as soon as possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all these debug errors come from game programming that each developer must take care of in case of any kind of environment update.

these issues can be (not sure but look like) that flash is running much faster than before so

some race conditions are emerging from some not well developed code.

I suggest you contact the game developers to fix the issues, or just disable the gpu hardware and see if it's better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That actually doesn‘t make any sense. This update said it should fix some problems, but now it is causing new ones that never have been there before. Not for years, not after tons of Updates before. There are many games and developers struggling with that Update and a memory leak is not normal. The swf data has been working correctly for literally years now and now it‘s all TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. in many games and makes it impossible to play them. Also, HOW should developers fix a problem that is caused by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First things first, if you haven't rebooted the computer since the problems started, that's a great place to start.

After that, I'm kind of wondering if you have the content debugger installed instead of the regular release player.  Typically, we would suppress the kinds of content-specific runtime error messages that you've pasted above.  It also seems kind of hard to accidentally install the debug player, unless you've also recently installed Adobe Animate.

Looking at the callstack, it looks like they're trying to delete objects that were already deleted.  I'm not sure why that's happening, but it's in their logic, not ours.  The content provider is in the best position to debug that and either fix it, or relay a technical analysis to us describing a problem in the underlying APIs.

If you right-click on a piece of Flash content and see the "Show Redraw Regions" option in the context menu, you've definitely got the debugger installed, and you definitely don't want to browse the web that way.

You can find uninstallers here:

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

You can download Flash Player here:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

If none of those things help, the following details would be useful:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> There are many games and developers struggling with that Update and a memory leak is not normal

it's absolutely not a memory leak, it's a logical improvement that developers must take care of and it's not only an Actionscript point but it's the same for all language development.

I develop Actionscript application since 17 years and encountered this kind of issue many times because it was my own developer mistake and if this issue didn't appear before that's because the Actionscript Virtual Machine was slower to make such kind of error.

Now if you are not a developer as the honorable

does it make more sense to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt if any game developers will bother, now that we all know that Flash will be gone forever very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, if you think to that, why are you on Flash forum then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because helping people understand they are wasting their time with Flash is important. I like to help people, funny thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good, but in same time you are wasting your time too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could say that about all attempts to help people on the forum. Perhaps we're all here because we're irresistibly drawn to wasting out time trying to help...

I think you are a Flash EOL denier. You're entitled to that view, as I am to mine (that Flash will go away and that will be that for all but the most dedicated hobbyists).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are good to judge people like me, but you, who are you to judge everyone here?

People don't need your help on this way here, and you certainly better to be positive since nothing is lost, nothing is created but

everything is transformed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we must agree to differ. You seem to not want anyone  share the message that Flash EOL has been announced. I believe this message should be shared widely and often, probably in response to every question. This is crucial info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash EOL is everywhere on the web, and btw does not mean that people will stop to use it from today to tomorrow.

I know companies using MSDoS in 2018 and they will use it as long as they are happy with.

When Java applet just stopped to work in browsers Java Oracle adapted their VM to let people to continue to use their app.

Do you really think that Adobe will brutally stop Flash after 20 years of development that btw contributed to the evolution of the web until today? think about it and stop to break the threads with your recurrent disillusionnist answer here thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I really do believe Adobe will brutally stop flash on or before the announced date. They have a long history of killing products and services, and see no reason to think Flash will be different.

So you really think Adobe will change their mind... thank you for clarifying your position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we don't care of your personal position or opinion, Flash forum is done to help people with Flash with specific questions.

if a user (as it's already happened) ask about Flash EOL so an appropriate answer will be given. but don't answer all threads with your recurrent behavior, it's very boring and for sure you will be blocked if you continue like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a good starting point would be to get a forum heading warning of the EOL. Any idea how to get this done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ll see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines