• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bing using Adobe Flash

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question.  Even though Flash Player is gone, my browser Bing uses it.  Is this supposed to be happening, or is it just my computer?  Cos I see in a couple Youtube videos flash saying its been blocked from websites, and Im somehow still able to play Flash games, such as Plazma Burst 2 (And no, this is not a plugin or way of telling you to go play it)  Also, none of the websites I mainly use have Flash.  I also do not want this fixed, as I love my Flash games, just tell me if this is normal or if its just Bing being Bing.

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Some old browsers will keep using old versions of Flash, if you have them, for a while. If you truly understand the risks of continuing to run old unfixed software to visit web sites (risks like identity theft, stealing your credit card, emptying your bank account, taking over your computer to use it for crime), and you accept the risks, or your Flash Games are more important than your money and stuff, then carry on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some old browsers will keep using old versions of Flash, if you have them, for a while. If you truly understand the risks of continuing to run old unfixed software to visit web sites (risks like identity theft, stealing your credit card, emptying your bank account, taking over your computer to use it for crime), and you accept the risks, or your Flash Games are more important than your money and stuff, then carry on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmmm...

Sorry for saying this but jokes on you, I dont have an income, and I am running bing on a Dell Chromebook, so its not that old (I think)

And I dont think anyones gonna try and steal my Identity, I lie every where I go about age and where I live, plus, whos gonna use a School Issued computor for crime?

And no, sorry, I did not post that just to be a dirtbag right now, thank you for the answer, and I shall continue to lie about age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bing is a web based search engine, not a browser.

A browser would be MS Edge, MS Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Which operating system do you have?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may be wrong, but I think the browser on a Chromebook is Chrome. Bing is a search engine, using another browser.

Chromebooks include whatever Google want to be there. Google announced they would remove Flash Player at the end of 2020. Maybe they are late, or maybe your Chromebook hasn't caught up with stuff. Or it might be that your games no longer need Flash. The Plazma Burst web site says they have a version that doesn't need Flash any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines