• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bit Defender Quick Scan blocks Flash Player

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2010 Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had terrible problems getting my FF 3.6 to play flash movies. Got errors saying I needed to upgrade Flash Player and errors saying the files couldn't be found during upgrade attempts. Disabled all plugins and antivirus and Flash began working. Restarted plugins one at a time until Flash Player stopped working. Culprit was Bit Defender Quick Scanner 0.9.9.10

I'm running:

Win7 Home Premium 64bit

FF 3.6

Shockwave Flash 10.0.45.2

Hope this helps someone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2010 Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMFG that was it.  I've been tearing my hair out over this, trying everything and this did it.  Thank you. Thank you.  All I did was disable BitDefender and reinstall Flash, restart FF, and everything worked.  Like magic.  Of course this is after I tried everything else, so this may have been only the final hurdle.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked. At least we can stop pulling our hair out!

I made a post on FF forum and emailed Bit Defender too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi big, Great find! I think it was a good idea to put up this new thread also. The other night you were having this issue and

three other people were too. Hopefully they will see it.

I wonder if you'll get a reply from Bit Defender. I have read FF forums and find they mark their questions from the users

as answered when their answer was way off the mark in my opinion.

Now Firefox does have a problem, security related and are working on it now. They say it only affects vs 3.6 and the fix

is supposed to be available 3/30/10. http://blog.mozilla.com/security/ I wonder if it is related to B.D.

However after reading Cowboy's post to your thread here, I'm more inclined to believe it is related to that. A hacker released the code and FF duplicated it and it is a critical update.

Anyway, thanks for posting this info.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you disable bitdefender?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you would need to contact BitDefender for assistance with their product.  However, a quick internet search for 'disable bit defender' returns How to disable all modules in Bitdefender 2018 - Bitdefender   That's a good starting point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given the fact that this thread was from 2010, I'm going to lock it.

Please ensure that you downloaded a legitimate installer directly from us.

You can get the installer here:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If the download is still getting flagged, it's probably a false-positive, and you should consult with your antivirus vendor.

If you're wondering what other antivirus products think about a particular file, you can upload it to https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/upload to check it across a wide spectrum of other antivirus products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, I just repaired a Windows installation last week. This poor kid was having software and hardware problems al over his laptop. BitDefender gave the OS a complete clean bill of health. His touchpad was inoperative, while I was working on it the keyboard went, as well as the audio and the video dropped to 640 x 480 256 color.

I uninstalled BitDefender and put AVG Free on. AVG began an immediate scan and in about seven minutes revealed "conficker" in the registry. I quarantined it and removed it, then went about reinstalling all the hardware drivers.

BitDefender was OEM software for this laptop, and allowed a nasty variant of conficker to infect it.

I don't trust BitDefender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Cowboy- The app I'm talking about is a FF plugin not the full Bit Defender antivirus app and it only prevented Flash Player from working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2010 Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant .. Thanks .. This totally solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines