• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bring back Flash Player

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I miss playing my favourite games on my Chrome browser. It would be nice if you'd make an alternative to Flash Player. That way I won't lose my memories with games that use it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Please beware of third party downloads of Flash Player.  Besides the fact that older versions of Flash Player contain known security vulnerabilities, this type of distribution is a common way to distribute malware/ransomware.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are discord groups that are putting up independant Flash player downloads. The flash community will continue to circumvent the shi++y decision to kill this beloved application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please beware of third party downloads of Flash Player.  Besides the fact that older versions of Flash Player contain known security vulnerabilities, this type of distribution is a common way to distribute malware/ransomware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet the reliable download location is now dead. So that leaves only on way. 3rd Party. Luckily, I happen to know the people Im downloading from, so a virus will be met with aggressive negotiations. Adobe chose to completely close down that part of shop. Why not just hand it to Github or any other community so We wouldn't resort to underhanded means?

Because the leadership of Adobe pulled a stupid. We will keep flash alive until the sun burns out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, after humanity already in burnout the sun is coming indeed. and it's inevitable. Because now people are ready for the Truth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Robert Mc Dowell 

What TRUTH is that, Robert? 

And what if anything does your remark have to with the end of Flash Player?

"There are discord groups that are putting up independent Flash player downloads."

@Cynical5E86 

For security reasons, I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.  

As a site owner, I don't see much upside in paying fees to support an outdated website that nobody can use anymore.  I suspect a lot of flash-based sites will be shutting down soon.  So whatever workarounds you find will be at best a short term remedy and at worst a potential threat to you and your computer.

Good luck! 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> What TRUTH is that, Robert? 

well, I thought there was only one Truth in thsi world. Truth is the Truth. no story, no show, it's the Truth.

but if you really want to know "what" Truth, well, just wonder why Adobe never ever tried to help small companies, independent developers, but rather offers today a $25,000/year Flash replacement solution to big corps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BENDE ADOBE FLASH PLAYER ISTIYORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is I use an internal web interface to get to a NAS interface. Now I can't. I did find a work around still able to use flash in a browser, but I'm not going to share it cause Adobe might take that away too. My NAS device is EOL, I get it. But to replace it  is $130,000 for soemthing that hardware still works and will continue to run for more years, until Adobe took it away from me. All adobe had to do was warn people and let them willing make the choice. It's an internal site for god sakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

" I did find a work around still able to use flash in a browser, but I'm not going to share it cause Adobe might take that away too."

=========

@mikeb13003563,

I'd be more concerned with what the operating systems and browsers do if I were you. They have their own reasons for not supporting Flash Player which is why Flash Player is end of life now.

Good luck! 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines