• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser Crashing on using flash player.

Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been recently landed into an awkward situation. I am currently using the latest version of flash player. On visiting few websites, the websites ask me to install a flash player in order to use them. So, I installed adobe flash player. But after installing the adobe flash player, on visiting those websites, my browser crashes and a message pops-up, "Google Chrome isn't responding." These are the websites on visiting whom, this problem arises.

[links removed]

Please help. I thought that the problem is associated with windows. So, I reinstalled Win 8.1 but the problem still continues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here... MULTI company PC's ...  Win 10 with the .170 update keeps crashing...

Faulting application name: FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe, version: 27.0.0.170, time stamp: 0x59deb35a

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x8274fd8b

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x00000000000aa020

Faulting process id: 0x1ce4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3481aa0a7aa29

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe

Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 04d15417-2cd7-4bee-85ea-c2f09fb17ea4

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try today's beta build:

http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE 10 fails with a browser crash.  

Chrome 61 (updated today) reports "Shockwave has crashed.  Reload?"  If I reload, it crashes again.

Firefox 56.0 and 56.0.1 (updated today) displays a blank screen.  On refresh, I get the expected prompt for enabling Adobe Flash.   After granting permission, the page begins to load and then reports that Flash has crashed.

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

Accessing internal VMWare VDI administration webpage

Problem started TODAY, occurs on mulitple PCs.

Of course, Adobe provides no way to roll back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was a little premature.  We're still in the process of pushing the bits live.  The version with the fix is 27.0.0.180.  I expect that they should be live in the next hour or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the IE 11 win 10 update vir as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a built-in component of Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 8 and higher.  There is no beta program, and a functional fix like this would not meet Microsoft's bar for an out of band release.  You'll need to use another browser, or wait until the next generally available release on Patch Tuesday (November 14th).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MSI's out soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do not release beta MSI's, only EXE installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

27.0.0.183 fixes the crash and is now available.

Please go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download the latest version.

We can't speak as to when Google (Chrome) or Microsoft (Win 8.x/10 for Edge/IE) would release the update.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines