Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser keeps returning to Flash Player EOL-notice

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Reacting to a Flash Player prompt to update the Player I keep being returned to a page telling me, Flash Player will no longer be supported from next year. I fully appreciate that, but getting the same prompt to update and keeping being returned to this home about once every hour during a busy working day is pretty annoying.

Should I simply uninstall Flash Player or do you have another solution?

Thanks in advance, 

Best regards,

Adam, DK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

The update notification uses the default browser to launch the download page.  In your case, it sounds like Safari is the default browser.  Apple dropped support for Flash Player in Safari 14 ahead of Flash Player's end-of-life at the end of 2020.    When the browser/OS detection scripts on the download page detect the browser is Safari, it's redirecting to the end-of-life page.

If you use Firefox, you can update Flash Player by going to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer with Firefox to download

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser, which system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh - sorry!

Mac OSX Catalina

Safari, version 14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update notification uses the default browser to launch the download page.  In your case, it sounds like Safari is the default browser.  Apple dropped support for Flash Player in Safari 14 ahead of Flash Player's end-of-life at the end of 2020.    When the browser/OS detection scripts on the download page detect the browser is Safari, it's redirecting to the end-of-life page.

If you use Firefox, you can update Flash Player by going to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer with Firefox to download the latest version.

If you only use Safari, and have no need for Flash Player, you can download the uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html and uninstall Flash Player NPAPI plugin.

I realize this isn't an optimal workflow and will raise the issue to the appropraite team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there - this solved my problem; thanks for a prompt reply. Firefox will give me rest!

Regards, Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome - glad it worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines