• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browswer shows Adobe Flash enabled, Adobe says it isn't. Any suggestions?

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to view a video for an online course.  It won't download.  I go to the site to download Adobe Flash.  It tells me that that "Flash is integrated into Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.  You do not need to install Adobe Flash Player."  Then I follow the instructions to assure that it is "enabled".  As I follow them, Edge shows that the program is "enabled".  I'm lost as to how to resolve the issue.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I'm trying to view a video for an online course.  It won't download.

This is a little confusing.  Are you attempting to stream the video, or download it to your system?

This is usually the content that is not properly coded to the browser's flash detection mechanism.  Essentially, all browsers are blocking Flash by default (even if it's enabled) and forcing user's to unblock it on a per-site basis.  Usually, when a site has a 'click here to install' flash' button, the browser intercepts that request and displays the 'enable/activate flash for this site' message.  From your description, it appears this isn't happening.

Since this content is an online course, I probably won't be able to access it to attempt to reproduce the issue.  Can you post a screenshot of the complete website when it prompts to enable Flash (assuming it's doing this)?

I would also recommend contacting the content provider for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines