• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[bug report] Flash Player v32.0.0.238, admin permission errors

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just grabbed the new Flash Player v32.0.0.238, Plugin and ActiveX versions....

and it won't install... on my Windows 7 PC... despite having admin permissions...

I get a needs admin permission error...

which is strange as my account is the sole account on my PC and its always been admin...

so Adobe borked this version...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

We serve something like 2.5 *billion* installer downloads per month.  This is the only complaint I'm hearing about this particular issue.  If the bug affected 0.01% of the population, and 10% of them reported it, we'd still see 25,000 reports.

I believe that you're experiencing the issue, but the affected cohort seems very small.  My guess is that permissions on one or more files is borked (it happens occasionally, particularly on Windows).

A couple things:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We serve something like 2.5 *billion* installer downloads per month.  This is the only complaint I'm hearing about this particular issue.  If the bug affected 0.01% of the population, and 10% of them reported it, we'd still see 25,000 reports.

I believe that you're experiencing the issue, but the affected cohort seems very small.  My guess is that permissions on one or more files is borked (it happens occasionally, particularly on Windows).

A couple things:

If uninstalling also fails, that's a pretty solid confirmation that something low-level is wrong.  The installer logs (see troubleshooting guide below) will probably tell you what's up.  If it's failing to hit a specific file, I'm you'll probably see it fail when you attempt to delete that file manually.  Personally, I have good luck with a little freeware utility called Unlocker in those situations, but all the caveats about making working backups and not being able to vouch for third-party software apply there.

Here's the installer troubleshooting guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

If you're still stuck, send over the log and we'll see if we can give you some detailed advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had forgotten about this post...

the installers suddenly started working.. idk why?

I guess this can be closed...

If it happens again next release I will post here again on this topic and send the installer log...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just grabbed v32.0.0.303 today...

the permission error is happening again, I cannot install this update... any thoughts?
the v293 installers would not run either.... its strange the FileZilla installer was giving me permission errors too... and I have not made any changes to my system that should be effecting it soo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines