Bundling is actively killing my clients' computers-STOP

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, you make plenty of money, STOP with this bundling crap. I have a remote client that I support. SHe just moved 6 hours away, and when she installed Flash Player, YOU decided to tack on McAfee as an "added surprise". As a rsult, there were two competing antivirus programs running, which caused her Bitdefender to consume 98% of her CPU cycles, cause her computer fan to run at high to keep it from cooking right there on the desktop, and then it completely froze. When she restarted, it did a restore, which took 4 hours and was incomplete because Bitdefender never actually shut down.

All because this company had to be greedy, make a bundling deal, and give people software that they don't want. Something that, in this context, was no better than malware. She was able to get enough of a restore that the computer at least booted, and I was able to log in to fix it, but the problem 100% ended up in your court, because you decided to bundle an app that made the system go haywire.

JUST STOP ALREADY.

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for your feedback. For what it's worth, enabling automatic updates would prevent your client from getting prompted to install or update Flash Player, and both Chrome and IE/Edge on Win8+ include Flash Player as a built-in component of the browser.  There's nothing to install there. If you're administering Flash Player in a managed environment, there are a number of additional options available for direct deployment and management of Flash Player. You can find details here:  https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback.

For what it's worth, enabling automatic updates would prevent your client from getting prompted to install or update Flash Player, and both Chrome and IE/Edge on Win8+ include Flash Player as a built-in component of the browser.  There's nothing to install there.

If you're administering Flash Player in a managed environment, there are a number of additional options available for direct deployment and management of Flash Player.

You can find details here: 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines