• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not log into Cox email.

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not log into Cox email.  Cox had me click allow flash.  It will not stay as the default.  What do I need to do?  Below is a message I am getting.

Thank you for using Cox Business Email.

Our Cox Business Email service requires your browser to have Adobe Flash Player version 9 or higher installed.
You can upgrade to the latest version of Flash by using this link: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a browser issue, not Flash Player issue.  Major browser vendors block Flash by default, forcing users to enable it, usually per-site basis.  See https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html for links to enable Flash in the various browsers.

Note, that as of Chrome 69, the Flash Player settings only (e.g. allow/block Flash) remain ONLY for the duration of that session.  Once the browser is closed, the settings are removed.

Refer to Google's Flash roadmap here, Flash Roadmap - The Chromium Projects , specifically section 2.2:

Summary

Sites using Flash will require explicit permission to run, every time the user restarts the browser.

Rationale

Require affirmative user choice to run Flash Player content, without that choice persisting across multiple sessions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you should definitely complain to Cox about the user experience.  There are changes they could make on their end to improve this, including moving to an HTML and JavaScript solution for login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same experience.  COX email told me to contact ADOBE, it was Adobe's I/T problem, something went wrong with

the update.  Totally refused to even assist me......I need my email for my business invoices....very disappointed and inconvenienced!

Karla Argrave-Louisiana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can ask them to join to this thread....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COX email told me to contact ADOBE, it was Adobe's I/T problem, something went wrong with the update.

Unfortunately, the person you spoke with wasn't very knowledgeable.  The browser blocking Flash is not a Flash Player issue.  It's most likely the content isn't being updated to handle the browser changes in how they detect and load Flash. Recommend you contact them again and point them to Flash Roadmap - The Chromium Projects  especially section 2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry you're getting the runaround.  You're absolutely welcome to forward this thread to the folks at Cox.

If they need to have an engineering level conversation to understand what's going on, we'd be more than happy to help.

They can send me a private message (just click my username) with contact information, and I'll get something going.

In all likelihood, this is simply a support training issue, and there's some work on their backlog already to move away from Flash-based login on their email system (which is ultimately what needs to happen, and in short order).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines