• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Someone Help Install .deb File for Ubuntu 18.04?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my laptop to Ubuntu 18.04 and wanted to get adobe flash player. I tried to install the .deb file but it did not work. I tried to install .targz but don't know how to do that. I then went and followed a video which installed it but Mozilla will not recognize it. Is there any way to get the link for the .deb file to work again so I can install it the easy way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it says 403 forbidden i cannot access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this one work: https://computingforgeeks.com/how-to-install-latest-adobe-flash-player-on-ubuntu-18-04-linux/

I haven't tested these instructions, but they look correct.  Essentially you need to add the Canonical Partners Repository, update the repository, and then run sudo apt-get to install flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say it works but the problem is that now I am on ubuntu 16.04 because 18.01 couldn't find my network adapter for some reason and would switch nonstop from network to airplane mode and yet i still can't get adobe to work. worst part is that i need adobe flash player to work in order for me to get school work done online.

Is there an old .deb file of adobe flash I can download that way it works then I just need to update it?

I thought I would let you know now I am using Mozilla Firefox instead of Chrome because it runs faster for me. so right away i know that the flash player pepper-fresh is not going to work because it is not NPAPI plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do not maintain .deb files.  We hand them off to Canonical and they package both the NPAPI and PPAPI plugin into one .deb package.  The alternative is to download the .tar.gz file and use that.  We also do not recommend using old versions of Flash Player due to security vulnerabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then could you or someone else please help guide me through on how to do tar.gz?

If not then could adobe get there act together and get the .deb file links working again because I am falling really far behind on school work that needs done with adobe flash.

Sorry if that sounded harsh just this is getting annoying for me that I have not gotten anywhere with this forums stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We hand-off the package to Ubuntu (Canonical) and they add it to their package repository system, so you should be able to install it via Ubuntu's software package management.  See https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/net-install-flash.html.en for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/net-install-flash.html.en which also talked about adding the Canonical Partners Repository and updating it which I did. I didn't open up my laptop with ubuntu on it yet because I won't need it till monday. If that didn't work I will try your next link.

Thank you both maria and Robert Mc Dowell for helping me figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines