• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get Flash Player to install

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and have never had it working. I need it for online meetings for one thing.

I've installed it over the years many times but it's never there when I need it. Now I'm pretty frustrated with it and want to get it properly installed and there when I need it. I have installed twice recently and there are two in my applications but no application is there. I also have the install.log on my desktop as someone suggested it and I can fwd it to you. 

I have a MacMini, running High Sierra, 10.13.3, and I use the Chrome browser.

I would  be grateful if someone could finally resolve this old problem.

Janet

[Private mail address removed by Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is this the same issue you reported at Flash player for Mac always missing​?  Although, the other post you report using a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.10.5, and in this report it's MacMini with macOS 10.13.3.

If this is the same issue, please post to that topic so that all replies, for the same issue, remain in the same location.  Regardless of the OS version, Chrome embeds Flash Player in the browser and there is no need to install anything separately.  Also, Flash is a browser plugin and doesn't install to the /Applications directory.  It installs to /Library/Internet Plug-ins directory.  The Chrome embedded version of Flash installs to /Users/<UserID>/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/PepperFlash/<FlashVersion>/PepperFlashPlugin.plugin

You can confirm which location Chrome is loading Flash from by going to chrome://flash

Again, if this is the same issue reported at Flash player for Mac always missing please post additional information (including the information here) to that discussion topic to keep all information in the same discussion topic.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue because it has never been resolved. But obviously different equipment. OS X 10.10 was a MacBook Pro as indicated at the time, 10.13.3 is a Macmini and a Lenovo LT22232wC monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for confirming.  I am going to lock this as a duplicate of Flash player for Mac always missing

I will post some questions for you on the other topic.  Please reply there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines