• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Flash player on Mac 10.10.1

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all evening to install the latest Flash Player on my Mac 10.10.1 - using Safari as browser.

Did not work, therefore I uninstalled it and tried it all over again. Zero results, the downloading blocks around 29% and that's it.

Any idea what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

@doug j: Are you attempting to complete the installation using an account with administrative rights?

Also, please try the offline installer:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all evening and all morning to instal on my MacBook Pro- same version- 10.10.1. using Safari as my browser, too. I follow directions in the Safari preferences, and under the Security tab, I have no options to "Allow Java"- my choice is to "Allow WebGL"...????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues as all of the people shown above. Please help Adobe we are all not able to see videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. I have Mac OS 10.10.1 and have run the uninstall. I keep getting "Unable to proceed with installation." Now I am without any Flash software and no Pandora. Yes — first world problems.....

Please advise Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Mac OS 10.10.1, stopped working a few days ago, tried updating and it stops at 45%.  Did an uninstall and a reinstall, same thing.  Checked my browser prefs. and made sure everything else was up to date.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 25, 2014 Dec 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here installer stalls at a particular percentage BUT I found a work around / solution.

Close all programs and get the 'Force Quit' window open (apple logo, top left) once open then run the installer... when it stalls us the 'force quit' for the adobe installer and then re open it and run it again, you will find it will go up a few extra percent then hang again... repeat the 'force quit' and reopen until you make it through the installer, I had to do it about 4 times

Hope it helps you out!

Merry Christmass All!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working! I'm using your system and although it's dramatically slow, I've been finally able to go past 31% of the download!

Thank you very much for your brilliant suggestion, and Merry Christmas to you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woo-Hoo! worked on my MacBook Pro, and just now, after about 7 times on my iMac it finally went through!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your very welcome glad it helped you out!

Wishing you all a great 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2015 Jan 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem, and the following worked for me:

1.  Go to System Preferences -->  Flash Player  -->  Advanced 

2.  Under "Browser Data and Settings"  click on "Delete All"

3.  Check "Delete All Site Data and Settings"  then click "Delete Data"

4.  Try to install the update again

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those still blocked from installing Flash Player, the following help pages outline common troubleshooting steps for Flash Player installation. We also provide "stand alone" versions of our installers towards the bottom of the page. I suspect these stand alone versions will help if the troubleshooting steps do not.

Mac - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Chris,

that was the first place most of us looked for a solution.  None of those steps worked.

All I get is the install dialog hanging before it even starts to download the new flash files.

Roy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it again using the exact same method as I tried previously and it is now working!

Maybe there was an issue on Adobe's side which they fixed?  Suggest you all try again now and see if you get the same...

Regards,
Roy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues as well.  Tech coordinator for a school and cannot access any Adobe content from our computers.  Cannot even upload this link...

Mac - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

Teachers are getting frustrated. None of their flash content works now.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@doug j: Are you attempting to complete the installation using an account with administrative rights?

Also, please try the offline installer:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

je n`arrive pas aresoudre le probleme de adobe flash player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're commenting on a topic that is over 5 years old.  Most likely you're issue is not related to this topic.  Please start a new topic and provide the following information:

• Operating System, including version
  • Browser, including version
  • Direct link to content that is not working
  • Brief description of the behaviour/issue you are experiencing
  • If there is an error message, provide a screenshot.

Locking this topic due to its age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem on OS X 10.10.1 (Yosemite)  Tried clean install because the installer has been showing nothing for nearly two weeks.  Tried running it over xmas holiday and gave up because could not be a**ed to waste any more time.

I don't get anything other than a blank installer dialogue box - doesn't even appear to be starting the download process.

I am sooooooo fed up with Adobe Flash right now. It's days are definitely numbered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried uninstalling Flash, then a new install.. but the installer doesn't even run... it begins its process and I get the same alert window I got before... (OS 10.10.1)Schermata 2015-01-06 alle 12.25.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem (stalling at 25% or 30%).

This worked for me:

1.     Reboot computer or use Activity Monitor to force quit any prior Adobe Flash installation process that may be still running

2.     Download Adobe Flash update using this link: Flash Player for Safari and Firefox - NPAPI 

3.     Mount flash player by clicking on flash drive icon on desktop

4.     Right click on Flash file

5.     Choose 'Show Package Contents'

6.     Open 'Contents' then 'Resources'

7.     Run file 'Adobe Flash Player.pkg'

8.     Reboot computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines