Can't open .swf from a USB? Can't open them from dropbox either...

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have never had a problem opening .swf files until recently, not quite sure exactly when this started. I record work videos on a USB and then store them in dropbox, always was able to play them. Now the video will not play and I get the screenshot below. At 1st I thought maybe my antivirus (bitdefender) was the problem but I tried on a laptop that just uses the windows AV and same message appeared. I need to refer back to these dropbox files fairly often, any help would be appreciated! Also any explanation of what the heck happened? Why would that capability be removed or changed?

Thanks,

Tim Whistler

OS- Windows 10 home

Browser- Most recent Chrome/Firefox/Edge, none work, see pictures.

Flash version 30

OK- screenshots are, in order 1 thru 7

1- Try to play video right off USB thumb drive

2/3/4- Open video from dropbox in EDGE browser, video window at in pic #4 does not work.

5/6/7- Open video from dropbox in firefox, video window in pic #7 does not work.

It's the same in chrome.

Thanks for any help-

Tim Whistler

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).pngScreenshot (4).pngScreenshot (3).pngScreenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).pngScreenshot (7).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Browser (not Adobe) are blocking the opening of raw SWF files (raw = not wrapped in HTML).  You'll need to use the Flash Player projector to open the SWF file.  The projector is posted at Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines