• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't play video game

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit Screwing with us! I bet there aren't half the security concerns that ya'll are claiming there are, I'll bet Ya'll losers are just looking for another BULLS**T excuse to charge us more money! I mean even if those  concerns are real... charging for this type product just makes ya'll look Shady.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

I bet there aren't half the security concerns that ya'll are claiming there are...

==============

Hi @Davo5EDF,

I'm afraid you'll lose that bet.

It's common knowledge among informed computer and Internet users that 3rd party plugins are potentially risky.  That's why they must be actively maintained with regular security patches & updates.  That's also why browser vendors felt plugins were too much trouble for everyone.  The major browsers began ending plugin support about 3 years ago with

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is gone, nothing replaces it. Adobe have nothing to sell you. Still, good luck with your complaints strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily, some of the downloads I have that used flash now say they need AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what is the issue? are you trying to do somethign with flash, are you trying to view something? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was a internet Flash game I downloaded a long time ago when I tried to open it, it said I needed AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, great. so you are unhappy because you can't play the video game is what  i understand your issue is.

Flash is done, adobe announce this several years ago. They did what they could do by letting customers know years in advance with announcements, emails and webpages (here is the announcement made in 2017: https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2017/07/25/adobe-flash-update.html#gs.tw9i95.  The correct business practice when a product/service is discontinue is to let your customers know. Adobe did that, that is the opposite of shady, they were open and communicated with customers.  There is no BS of charging you money. The adobe flash player is/was free. You never paid for it. nobody did. flash player was free to download, install and update.

so, What would you like us to do about you not been able to play your video game? we did not make the game, what do you want to happen? do you think you maybe need to ask ther person that made the game if there is an html version? 

Last, i renamed your post to something more descriptive. 

cheers

jonathan

[moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I bet there aren't half the security concerns that ya'll are claiming there are...

==============

Hi @Davo5EDF,

I'm afraid you'll lose that bet.

It's common knowledge among informed computer and Internet users that 3rd party plugins are potentially risky.  That's why they must be actively maintained with regular security patches & updates.  That's also why browser vendors felt plugins were too much trouble for everyone.  The major browsers began ending plugin support about 3 years ago with Java, Silverlight, QuickTime, RealPlayer, Shockwave and now Flash Player. 

Find another game to play.  You'll find plenty of great HTML5 games online.  Google is your friend.

Goodbye, good luck and stay warm!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines