Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't play video

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am an online college student, and I need to watch a video from the McGraw education website, to do my discussion assignment that's due, and ive already allowed plug ins under my chrome settings, and ive downloaded adobe flash player and the other required adobe download, but it still shows a little puzzle piece and says cannot play this plugin, in the video box and wont play my video. How do I fix this, im using windows vista on my laptop and chrome browser

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player should just work in Chrome.  Rebooting is always a good first troubleshooting step.

Chrome blocks flash by default, and it doesn't remember your preferences for allowing it.  The goal here is to create friction for end-users like you, so that you'll open support cases with McGraw and encourage them to migrate their content away from Flash.

Instructions on enabling Flash:

Flash Player Help

If that doesn't work, Chrome's changes that block Flash might break assumptions that McGraw-Hill has made in their code.  There's not a lot of money in updating that stuff, particularly for old textbook versions, so complaining to them and/or your professor are probably your best bets.

There are also probably support folks associated with your university's online program that might have some solutions that work, like virtualized desktop environments with old browser versions that work well with the content used in your courses.  They're going to be a good resource for just getting stuff done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines