Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't update Server 2012 R2

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Security Bulletin  >

Adobe Flash Player <= 23.0.0.205 Multiple Vulnerabilities (APSB16-37)

<<< I need this updated.

All updates say not applicable. They are applicable.

Microsoft Update Catalog

They are being detected by Nessus.

I can't for the life of me figure out why Adobe has made it nearly impossible to patch Adobe Flash.

I have spent an hour on this.

Can Adobe please fix issues with updating Windows servers? It seems every time an update needs to be done it takes 10x longer to fix than any other Windows vulnerability...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Windows update is not detecting the update. Nor is it installing for once again; this download:

Microsoft Update Catalog

Which IS THE CORRECT DOWNLOAD > 2012 R2 x64 and x86.

Adobe needs to make this easier. Sure Windows embeds it but it is your product and you should be making it easy to secure it. Its insanely silly to go to Microsoft or have to deal with Microsoft for a product that is produced by your company. Find a way to fix this Adobe. It is absolutely unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please download the latest version of Flash Player from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions page. In case you are using Edge/IE browser and want to update ActiveX Flash Player, please look for windows updates on your machine and update Flash Player,, as all updates for ActiveX Flash Player(used in IE/Edge browsers) are pushed by Microsoft as part of Windows update.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not correct. This is simply a page showing how to enable flash player. I not only DONT want to enable flash player on the server. But I want to PATCH A SECURITY VULNERABILITY on the server. Really really really REALLY simple.

So where is the download; once again... to fix this:

Adobe Flash Player <= Multiple Vulnerabilities (APSB16-37)

Nessus - Plugin #94628 - Multiple Vulnerabilities (APSB16-37)

Solution

Upgrade to Adobe Flash Player version 23.0.0.207 or later.

Where is Adobe Flash player (File download without jumping through hoops... FTP / Straight up download / ANYTHING for Server 2012 R2 x64 that actually works?

That link doesn't give me a "Click here to download" link. I need that.

I know Adobe doesn't like to secure their products and likes to make their products as difficult as possible to update. But I really need to fix your vulnerabilities now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft embeds Flash Player for IE/Edge in Server 2012 and ALL Flash Player updates for IE/Edge are distributed by Microsoft via Windows Updates, thus you would to need to run Windows Updates to update Flash Player for IE/Edge on Server 2012.

For all other browsers, launch that browser and navigate to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download the specific Flash Player plugin for that browser (NPAPI for Firefox, PAPPI for Chromium-based browsers).

If you want to distribute Flash Payer within your organization, you would need to obtain a distribution license.  See https://www.adobe.com/products/players/flash-player-distribution.html for more information.  For the vast majority of uses cases, distribution licenses are free.

APSB16-37 was issued in November 2016.  Flash Player is released monthly, so there have numerous releases since the Security Bulletin you're referencing was issued.  For a list of all Flash Player Security Bulletins see Adobe Security Bulletins and Advisories

Finally, Flash Player isn't officially supported on any Server platform, although installation isn't prevented.  For a list of supported operating systems and browsers, see Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows update is not detecting the update. Nor is it installing for once again; this download:

Microsoft Update Catalog

Adobe needs to make this easier. Sure Windows embeds it but it is your product and you should be making it easy to secure it. Its insanely silly to go to Microsoft or have to deal with Microsoft for a product that is produced by your company. Find a way to fix this Adobe. It is absolutely unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend contacting Microsoft as to why their product is not auto-detecting, nor installing, their update.

Select the one based on the computer architecture - X64 = 64-bit and x86 = 32-bit

Adobe has had this relationship with Microsoft since Windows 8 was released.  It's not a new process. Adobe provides Microsoft with the files and Microsoft integrate them with their product (IE/Edge) and their update mechanism.  Adobe has nothing to do with Microsoft's update mechanism, how it works, how it detects which updates to install, etc. .  If you're having difficulties installing a Microsoft Update, please contact Microsoft for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines