• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you still play flash games you've already downloaded after flash support ends on dec 31st?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm downloading a few flash games into my computer since flash will soon stop working on all browsers, there's no reason for those to no longer work as well since those are already downloaded, right? My concern is the fact that I still need to open them with a flash app to play them, but that app itself will continue working right? After all, these games can still be played offline with no internet, so unless Adobe brings an update that brings the app down I can't possibly see it no longer working... But I still want to be completely sure, so if any of you who know more about this stuff could give me a good answer I would greatly appreciate it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Wrong.  Flash Player will be deactivated by your operating system and browsers regardless. Also Adobe will block Flash content on Jan 12th.  This means local and online Flash content will no longer work.

Flash content creators had 3 years to prepare for this. The official Flash EOL announcement below:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Hope this helps,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong.  Flash Player will be deactivated by your operating system and browsers regardless. Also Adobe will block Flash content on Jan 12th.  This means local and online Flash content will no longer work.

Flash content creators had 3 years to prepare for this. The official Flash EOL announcement below:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Hope this helps,

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, so SWF files will just stop existing then? As in, all their contents will be deleted by adobe and not just the flash player itself? Shouldn't a separate SWF player still function for all those SWF files after the support for the flash player has ended? Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CBS wrote an article claiming you should still be able to play old local SFW files if you have them downloaded, just simply not on your browser anymore, was their article just poorly researched then? https://www.cbs19news.com/story/42714356/will-adobe-flash-still-work-after-2020-learn-the-independen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your browsers and Adobe are breaking themselves intentionally. In the process trying to murder all flash aside from the few videos that were converted into a lower resolution.

But if you have the entire swf file as in it needs no internet connection to function right then things should be fine with an independent SWF / Flash Player. As in a program for swfs and not a plugin for your browser. Just load the swf file with the player. Might even be able to do so with your mobile device too if you get the right player

No single independent flash player plays all swfs but a good one should play most of your swfs more or less as originally intended. As with all independant peograms or any program really there is the risk of something naughty in the code but ive never had a issue.

Spread the news to flas sites you like about Ruffle. As seen on the ruffle.rs website. Its a program that will allow sites to play their flash files as normal perhaps even in mobile browsers. It works for many files and there are improvements in the works.

The Internet Archive is looking to make an archive of swfs and so is this site. https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

Do your part and tell the world. Preserve what you can swfchan, y8, albinoblacksheep, weebls-stuff, dagoba, somethingaweful flash tub, and newgrounds are some names worthy of mention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go here and below the stop sign grab a player that works for you. See if you can start a file through drag and dropping it on the player too if you want. https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Nothing is deleted.  Only YOU can delete files and programs from your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly can't stream videos in CBS All Access. Do you think it's because Flash is gone? I have Windows 7 (don't preach). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Leona1587,

Ask CBS if your device meets the system requirements to use CBS All Access.

https://www.lifewire.com/cbs-all-access-4155838

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Will do. Happy New Year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash is breaking itself but there are always lots of non-adobe alternatives for continuing to play the files you have downloaded. The same can be said of internet sites with flash files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines