• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot download flash player installer

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Server says "File not found" when I click on the Get Flash Player link.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To provide assistance, please provide the following information:

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Exact link to the page you are experiencing issues on
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • If you get error messages, please provide a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this very inappropriately by downloading and installing an older version of the software because I could not find a full, offline, installer package to solve my problem.

After installing, the updater fetched the latest version and installed it.

Should never need to take such a roundabout means of installation, especially with a company as big and well known as Adobe. That's using hacker tricks to gain the correct install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For posterity, you don't actually have to install an older version.

If we had known the operating system up front, we would probably have directed you to the appropriate installation troubleshooting guide, which would have solved this for you without requiring you to install an older version.

If you're running across this thread and have the same problem, you can find those guides here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

Also, if the guides don't help (or the offline installer is necessary), posting copies of your installation logs will help us understand why the installation was failing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the issue, it was not doing that, it was downloading the generic online downloader to my computer, the generic program was not finding the file to use on the server, hence, the system is broken.

Permitting the USER to make known decisions on what software they need takes the guesswork out of the equation, puts the power back into peoples hands and out of automated programs that don't work as expected 100% of the the time.

I am a certified hardware / software engineer, when I say you never trust computers or software for certain tasks, it's coming from an extensive educational background spanning 40 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines