Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install flash player version 26

Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI. In hopes the Adobe development staff read this, I need to report that Adobe flash no longer installs on my windows 10 pc. When I try chrome..the download is blocked. When I try in internet explorer, it says it has its own version. When I try to install in firefox, it downloads a file to my folder of choice successfully however when I execute the file, nothing happens. I have done the following:

1. Disabled all virus scanners

2. verified that security settings show my user account and administrators (I am apart of that) have full ownership and full access to the file

3. I have uninstalled all previous versions from my pc

4. Verified from several virus scanners I have no viruses.

5. Tried downloading the latest version from the full package installer

I am reading chrome is trying everything possible to discontinue flash usage so that is understandable and another battle that will ensue, however it seems to be running flash with an extension. Internet explorer appears to be playing well with others, HOWEVER firefox is now completely disabled from flash content, from no fault of its own. It appears the operating system will not execute the installer and this appears to be end of life for this software. This will not look good for all and for the sake of adobe's backwards compatibility and customer base. This should be reviewed by the developers. A solution is needed so flash content can continue to be accessed and legacy websites still be accessed specifically through firefox but others web browsers could lose support soon. Unfortunately I see this products death thrown right in my face and I am fearful of continued support of applications that use it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

I have already attempted to run as administrator. Nothing happens.

To further this troubleshooting I went to the following link using firefox:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

I downloaded the file to my desktop folder. I then right clicked it and selected Run as administrator. No reaction!

I did however discover how to do this. First I discovered the following:

1. Under right click computer\computer management\system tools\local users and groups\users, I found the administrator profile di

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have almost the same problem, I can't install the flash player for firefox web browser. it tell me to close the browser

and then it tries to install but does not finish at the end i get a message saying insuffient user privileges to install app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

found the solution. Check out my new posting. Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe Flash Player comes embedded with Chrome browser and all Flash Player updates are pushed by Google as part of Chrome updates. For any issues related to Chrome, please refer to Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help .

On Windows 8 and above OS, Flash Player for IE and Edge comes with the OS and Flash Player updates are pushed by Microsoft as part of Windows updates. This is the reason you are unable to download the same. For Edge related issues, refer to Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge . For IE related issues, follow steps mentioned on Flash Player Issues | Windows 10 | Internet Explorer page.

For Firefox, once you download the .exe file, you must run the same from Administrator account. Right click on the exe and select run as administrator for the same. If you still see issues please share Adobe_ADM.log file. To get the location of ADM.log file refer to Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? . Once you have collected the logs, please upload/share the same and post a link to the uploaded files here. To see how to upload the logs, go through How to share a document .

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already attempted to run as administrator. Nothing happens.

To further this troubleshooting I went to the following link using firefox:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

I downloaded the file to my desktop folder. I then right clicked it and selected Run as administrator. No reaction!

I did however discover how to do this. First I discovered the following:

1. Under right click computer\computer management\system tools\local users and groups\users, I found the administrator profile disabled.

2. I enabled the administrator account, and then reset the password

3. I then opened up a command prompt (normal level, not elevated)

4. Ran the following:

runas /user:administrator C:\Users\Marcus\Desktop\flashplayer26_ha_install.exe

The installer finally initiated and I was able to complete the install

I then went to the following website to test:

Is Flash Installed?

It shows a positive result.

I then went back to step 1 and disabled the administrator account again. I am sure windows purposely did this.

Just so you know the version of windows 10 I am running is professional 64bit and it version 1703 and its build 15063.540

Clearly there is a security change within the OS that occurred that the installer is not taking in account for. This didn't happen on a previous install I did a month ago and I made no manual changes to the pc until now. Regardless you did help me by having me take in account all security levels and it is much appreciated. Further review of the installer code should be looked at to accommodate the operating systems security protection and I hope that your team can make this easier for the average user.

Thanks for the prompt response and I hope you have a great day\evening

Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines