Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install on Windows 7 32 bit

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

system.png

I've run the installation three times today. Every time, the troubleshooting page tells me Flash player is not installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What browser are you using? Do you see any installation error? From where did you download the latest version of Flash Player? Please download the same from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions  and try installing it. If you still see error, then share the installation logs from your machine. To get the path of the Installation logs, refer to Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? Once you have collected the logs, upload the same and share the url of the uploaded logs here. To see how to upload logs you can refer to How to share a document .

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the Flash player on IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. I tried installing from Firefox and Chrome.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello..... anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANYONE?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You may try the offline installer. Follow these steps

1)Download the uninstaller from: Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

2) Open the page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

Under the heading "Still having problems" click on the specific link to NPAPI/PPAPI/ActiveX plugin.

3) Ensure all the browsers are closed. Run the uninstaller and then the offline installer.

If the problem persists, please write back to us.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working...  The status checker says it's installed. I set it to "always activate" in Firefox. It just won't run!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, trying one more time.... -_-

Is there anyone on this "help forum" that can actually help me....? Who will *talk* to me about the issue, not just give me a one-off c/p?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

According to the FlashInstall32.log file you provided on August 9, you have installed the NPAPI plugin (for Firefox) and the PPAPI plugin (for Chrome & Opera).  The install log file doesn't show Flash Player ActiveX Control (for IE) is installed.

What version of Firefox are you using?

What is the exact link to the Flash content that is not displaying?

Please provide the screenshots of the following:

• Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features showing the Flash Player entries.
    • Please ensure the 'Version' and 'Installed on' columns are visible.  If they are not, right-click on one of the other column headers and select to display these 2 columns.
  • Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. Post a screenshot of the contents of the directory.  Make sure the file extensions (e.g. log, .exe, etc) are displaying.  If not, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files  for instructions to display the file extensions.

The forums software does not allow email attachments.  Please log into the forums to post the requested screenshots.

If you have uninstalled or re-installed Flash since August 9, please upload a new FlashInstall32.log file and post the link to the uploaded file.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aug 23rd installation: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Programs and Features: programs and features.png

Flash folder:Flash folder.png

Websites I've tried running it on, well, I really only know of Kongregate as far as sites that definitely have Flash content. So that's where I went. Games would show up for a second then disappear, leaving blank boxes and no error messages. I have also tried running a few .swfs to no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any errors in the log file, so Flash Player is installed successfully.

What version of Firefox do you have?  Firefox, like other browser vendors, is moving to disable Flash by default and forcing users to manually enable Flash.  Since Flash installed with no errors, it appears the issue is with Firefox not loading the plugin (for whatever reason).

When you go to the Kongregate website, do you see the lego puzzle piece in the left side of the address field:

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 3.43.55 PM.jpg

The Plugins | MDN firefox documentation may provide additional troubleshooting steps for you to take.  If you continue to experience issues after working through the various troubleshooting options in Plugins | MDN I recommend contacting Mozilla/Firefox for assistance as it's their browser blocking Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for actually listening and responding.... T^T

The "lego piece" shows that Flash is enabled on Firefox.

kong.png

The version is 55, which their help page says should still run Flash as long as it's enabled. And I've already been through Mozilla customer service. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The other alternative is to contact the content developer.  Browser vendors have been moving to block Flash by default and are constantly making changes to the browser behaviour with each release.  It's incumbent for the content developer to stay abreast of these changes and modify their content accordingly, to comply with the constant browser vendor changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines