Cannot Install - pre-selected username 'Admin' not working

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the Admin of a Group of companies and one of our user asked me to install Flash Player.

After entering the password few times and being denied, I noticed that the username "Admin" which has been auto-selected and is not changeable isn't working for our case. To access the server login of that department for us it would be something like SRS\Admin, but we have no option to change the username at the login !!

Please help.

wrongadmin.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is due to how the system has been configured in the Local Security Policy, it's not Flash Player (or any other application) that selects a specific Admin account.  See Windows 10 Help Forums and Understanding User Account Control in Windows 7 for more information. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, it might be worth looking at the Flash Player System Administrator's guide for recommended strategies on managing Flash Player in an enterprise environment.

Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide for Flash Player | Adobe Developer Connection

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines