Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot see flash contents in a pdf document

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I cannot see flash contents from a pdf document even though I downloaded the latest version of flash several times. I even uninstalled and installed it again.

I was able to see those contents before, but not anymore. I have the same problem in two different laptops. I asked my colleagues and it seems they can see those contents from the same pdf document.

I am using windows 10 and I do not have any problem to see flash contents from the internet, just from a pdf document.

What can I do...?

I have attached a photo of the error message.

flash.png

Thank you in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Thank you for the screenshot.  Very helpful.

Based on the screenshot, the plugin used by Acrobat is not installed. The screenshot shows the PPAPI (for Chrome and Chromium-based apps) installed.  Acrobat does not use this version of the Flash Player plugin.  It uses the NPAPI plugin.  Download the NPAPI plugin from Adobe - Adobe Flash Player Download  This link should take you to the correct page to download the NPAPI plugin, regardless of which browser you use.

Alternatively, go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat uses the Flash Player NPAPI plugin.  Are you downloading/installing the correct plugin?  See Adobe Flash Player needed for Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader to download and install the correct NPAPI plugin?

If possible, can you please upload the PDF docuemnt to Documetn Cloud and private message me the link to it?  See How to share a document .  To send a private message, click on my user-name link and then on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, include a link to this discussion topic.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Maria,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

The first link you added is the same that the pdf document itself suggests to solve the problem, but it does not solve it. I do not understand what you said about the NPAPI plug-in, there were no different options to download flash, so I did not choose anything...

I tried to see the document in a different laptop (the 3rd one) and it does not work either. It is also windows 10. In the two other laptops I tried I have acrobat reader, in this one I do not, it was trhough Microsoft Edge, but nothing...

Thank you in advance for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Windows 10 build do you have?  1607? 1703?  Please go to Settings > System > About and provide the Edition, Version, and OS Build information.  For example:

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Maria,

Thank you for your message. The information you asked about is exactly as you copied, excepted for the edition, which is "Home" instead of "Pro" in my case: Version 1703 / OS Build 15063.674.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I have a test image Win10 Home version 1703 OS Build 15063.632. I'm updating it now.   I'm assuming it'll update to 674 (or there about). Unfortunately, it'll take quite some time to update.  When the update is finished I'll test you're PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<edit>

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce.  Looking at your screenshot, the yellow-bar across the top indicates Flash Player is not installed.  If you installed Flash Player with Acrobat open, you'll need to restart Acrobat.

My testing results, including OS version:

1. I opened your PDF file to the page in question and got the same screen as in your screenshot.
  2. I then installed Flash Player NPAPI 27.0.0.170
  3. Restarted Acrobat DC (to load the plugin)
  4. Opened your PDF file and navigated to the page in question and the content displays:

AND:

Please confirm if you do have the correct Flash Player plugin installed by doing the following:

1. If you have Firefox installed, launch Firefox and navigate to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
  2. Click the 'Check Now' button.
  3. Post a screenshot of the System Information
    • You may need to click on the lego piece in the address bar to enable Flash:
    • After allowing Flash, the Flash Player version installed will dispaly:

AND/OR:

1. Launch Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
  2. Post a screenshot of the installed programs showing Flash Player NPAPI Plugin, including version column:

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Maria,

Thank you so much for your great help!

Sorry, I could not find time to reply earlier.

I do not use Firefox, but this is the screenshot you asked for:

Archivos compartidos - Acrobat.com

Thank you so much again and best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the screenshot.  Very helpful.

Based on the screenshot, the plugin used by Acrobat is not installed. The screenshot shows the PPAPI (for Chrome and Chromium-based apps) installed.  Acrobat does not use this version of the Flash Player plugin.  It uses the NPAPI plugin.  Download the NPAPI plugin from Adobe - Adobe Flash Player Download  This link should take you to the correct page to download the NPAPI plugin, regardless of which browser you use.

Alternatively, go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions.  In step 1 select the operating system (Windows 10).  In step 2, select 'FP 27 for Firefox - NPAPI'.  Note that there are optional third party offerings on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH, MARIA!!!

The problem is solved!!!

You made me SO happy, THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're very welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines