• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot uninstall Flash Player Win 10 Pro

Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The issue is fairly simple, but Microsoft is sandbagging me on the issue so I turned to this community forum. The issue is that I can't uninstall flash player.

I've ran the uninstaller and deleted all the folders from System32/SysWow64 and Appdata. Aswell as removing the entry in controlpanel.

However, as soon as Windows updater runs, it's completely installed again.

How can I prevent Flash player from being installed? I do not wish to install the utility and it is now being force on me.

As a sidenote, it is also crashing nvlddmkm-sys because of a Adobe/Windows security update for flash (KB4034662).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Good news, I fixed it. All I had to do was remove that ********* OS called Win10 and replace it with Win7.

Problem solved. :'')

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Need to install the new version of adobe player. I have also facing this issue but later solves this . I am facing this issue when i went to high pixels image site or video like vimeo or 4k video. If you want to remove on your laptop permanently then ask me   i will try to solve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want a new version of Flash player, I want it gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news, I fixed it. All I had to do was remove that ********* OS called Win10 and replace it with Win7.

Problem solved. :'')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joepm65649923 

As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE, and Edge in Windows 10.  Since it's a component of the browser the Flash Player uninstaller doesn't remove it, nor is there a separate entry to remove it in the Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want flash player removed as well and have disabled it in Edge. But I'm not sure if I have other options than to just wait until Windows Update removes it after December 31, 2020, which is the End of Life for Flash Player. I don't want to downgrade my operating system in the process the way a previous poster did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player versions embedded in the browser by the respective browser vendor cannot be uninstalled.  All vendors block/disable Flash by default, so it's already disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • No I did xx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines