• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant get flash player to work in my safari or chrome.

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the latest versions of all, safari chrome and flash. I did allow flash in preferences in safari and chrome but everytime i try to open the video that im suppose to do for work, the icon get adobe flash will show up in a black screen with the white dots that keeps turning, looking like its trying to open the page. please help ASAP. thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

You are trying to run something your employer has used flash player to embed?

Try looking at the HTML source and search for .Swf, Flv, Mp4 and similar file types,

Perhaps a broken link to these is the culprit.

I suspect one of these may have been deleted, if so contact your employer but if the files are present and you are instead trying to get the company training program to acknowledge you have seen the video

Try running something else requiring flash and if this works the bug is likely within t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are trying to run something your employer has used flash player to embed?

Try looking at the HTML source and search for .Swf, Flv, Mp4 and similar file types,

Perhaps a broken link to these is the culprit.

I suspect one of these may have been deleted, if so contact your employer but if the files are present and you are instead trying to get the company training program to acknowledge you have seen the video

Try running something else requiring flash and if this works the bug is likely within their system, this may be bad html or a browser specific item unsupported in your browser try a browser with Legacy support such as Mozilla Seamonkey based on Mozilla extended service release.

We can only guess what is malfunctioning without more information on the specifics of this “video that you are suppose to do for work”  I assume Invalid HTML or missing files is the cause

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well some of my friends can open it in their Mac, I’m not the most techie person but I think it’s in one of the settings that’s blocking the flash player. Unfortunately, I followed the directions for safari and chrome, but still didn’t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have to agree with the person that replied originally. It sounds like Flash Player is loading (you're getting a black screen with a loading animation), but you're not able to get the video for whatever reason.  Your company's helpdesk is probably best positioned to help you troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines