• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant install flash plugin for Firefox 64bit

New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently on Windows 10 64bit using Firefox 60.0.0 (64-bit). I downloaded Flash Version 29.0.0.171 Windows 64-bit , English , Firefox. Restarted computer and tried loading a flash video on Firefox and nothing is playing. Tried testing flash on Flash Player Help and it says Flash is not installed. I look in the add-on option on Firefox but there is not option to activate flash. I uninstalled it using your tool and deleted all the files in these folders: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash, %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player, %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player. Then tried installing again and same thing, flash isnt work, the video is playing in html5 instead. It used to work a day before on 64bit FF but I was having some crash issues so I tried reinstalling it. After deleting the files from those 4 locations, flash doesnt work anymore for 64bit FF. I installed 32bit FF and flash works on that but it just wont work on 64bit FF. One of those folder contained a file similar to NPSWF64_29_0_0_10.dll which I believe is what I'm missing. Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please run the uninstaller available on Uninstall Flash Player for Windows page and then go to Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions page and download 29.0.0.171 Flash Player and install the same.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox disables Flash by default.  Please ensure it is enabled in the browser.  See Set Adobe Flash to "click to play" on Firefox | Firefox Help and Why do I have to click to activate plugins? | Firefox Help for assistance.

If Flash content still doesn't play after enabling Flash in the browser, provide the following information:

• operating system, including version
  • direct link to content that is not working

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That article to activate plugins doesnt apply, I can't see that in the plug-in menu on FF. It states in the article it is for previous version of FF 55 and lower. I'm on FF 60

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted 2 links - the second link, Why do I have to click to activate plugins? | Firefox Help , is for current Firefox click-to-play functionality.

Are there errors when you install Flash Player?  If not, Flash is most likely installed correctly.

What is the direct link to the Flash content that is not working?

Please provide the following 2 log files:

• FlashInstall32.log saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
  • FlashInstall64.log saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Upload both files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines