• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant uninstall Adobe Flash 17. Get returnValue= 1612

Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have been tasked to uninstall Adobe Flash Player on 200 Windows 2012 R2 std Servers.

i tried using the Adobe Flash uninstall util. I can execute the uninstaller and it returns a success response. However when I go to Control panel I still see the application installed.

I tried using wmic product where "name like 'Adobe Flash%%'" call uninstall /nointeractive. which also runs successfully. This is where I get the returnvalue =  1612, which states:

The installation source for this product

is not available. Verify that the source

exists and that you can access it.

it appears the binaries have been removed, however the application is still there. is there a way i can completely remove this application?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For which browser are you trying to uninstall Flash Player? If you are using IE/Edge browser, you will not be able to uninstall Flash Player.

Flash Player installation/upgrade for Windows 8 and above(including Windows 2012) is taken care by Microsoft. You will only be able to upgrade Flash Player from Windows updates.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Server 2012, Flash Player for ActiveX is embedded in the browser by Microsoft and you cannot uninstall it.  The only way to 'remove' it is to disable it in Desktop Experience.

If you're referring to Flash Player for a different browser, it sounds like the binaries are looking for the cached MSI installer files.  Were these removed at any time from either the deployment server or the client?  To troubleshoot further, please provide the following:

• Which Flash Player type: NPAPI for Firefox, PPAPI for Chromium-based browsers
  • FlashInstall log files, saved at:
    • 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log (it may be named just FlashInstall.log)
    • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log (these may be named just FlashInstall.log)
  • The corresponding verbose MSI log file with v+x (verbose + extra debugging) options enabled.
  • Upload the files cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

The files must be for the same uninstallation attempt.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines