• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant use flash player unless give credit card details

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried to download flash player and turned off the options of McAfee but then after downloading it offers free photos for 1 month which i dont want, in which case you cant finish download. if i say yes i get the download but it asks me for credit card details so after one month i will be charged for the photo app unless i pull out.

so i cant use flashplayer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an optional third party offer that displays after Flash is installed.

What operating system and browser is this on?

Please do the following:

• Windows:
    • Launch Control Panel
    • Navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items (alternatively, select to view by 'small icons')
    • Locate the Flash Player item and double-click to launch the Flash Player Settings Manager
    • In the Flash Player Settings Manager launches, navigate to the Updates tab
    • Post screenshot of the Updates tab

• Mac:
    • Open System Preferences
    • Double-click Flash Player item to launch the Flash Player Settings Manager
    • n the Flash Player Settings Manager launches, navigate to the Updates tab
    • Post screenshot of the Updates tab

To take/post screen-shots see https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you've installed Flash Player successfully, but still need to enable it in your browser.

Flash Player Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DOWNLOAD OK, I CLICK TO LAUNCH IT AND IT OFFERS FREE PHOTO SOFTWARE IF

I DECLINE THE INVITE I CANNOT LAUNCH FLAS PLAYER. IF I ACCEPT THE INvite

then it asks for my credit card details. sorry about caps, not meant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the link about enabling Flash player. It is not something you "launch".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workflow you describe doesn't sound accurate.  The only time a page launches to optional offers is when Flash Player installation (using the online/shim installer) completes successfully.  At no other time does this happen.

Flash Player is not a program that can launch by itself.  It is a browser plugin.

What is the name of the installer file you are using?

I CLICK TO LAUNCH IT AND IT OFFERS FREE PHOTO SOFTWARE

Is the offer in the installer dialog itself?  If so, it's not an official Flash Player installer.  Providing a screenshot is always helpful (see https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe flash player installation complete.....FINISH

press FINISH

Thank you and enjoy .. here is another product that ....get 10 free adobe stock... Get started

If I press x at top because I don’t want the photo offer Flash player is not installed and if I click on downloads it says file moved or missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you describe is normal workflow.  Clicking 'Finish' in the installer dialog window launches the default browser to an optional offer.  The offers themselves are NOT in the installer dialog window.

If there were errors installing Flash, an error message would display on the installer dialog window.

If I press x at top because I don’t want the photo offer Flash player is not installed

It sounds like you just need to enable Flash in the browser, as most browser vendor's block Flash by default.  See Flash Player Help  for information on enabling Flash in the various browsers.

if I click on downloads it says file moved or missing

The online/shim installer file deletes itself after it's executed.

Also, it'd be great if you could provide the information I requested in my first reply to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it says Finish, it is already installed. Ignore the offer, something else is wrong. You say it’s not installed. So, exactly what msjes you say that? And did you enable it as we said?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines