• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalina 10.15 and DirecTv online Streaming

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the Catalina update to my MacBook Pro I have not been able to Stream Online from Directv. Some channels are missing or greyed out, only ch-ABC & ESPN work.  When I click on any other station it tells me to download Flash which I have done and is working.  Apple told me today that Catalina is 64bit and there is no Flash update for 10.15. Anyone else have this problem? When will the Flash update for Mac 10.15 be available?

Thanks

TOPICS
Browser , Product issue , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Flash Player will end support in 2020, I think it is unlikely to be compatible with macOS 10.15.
If you want to continue receiving DirecTV services, we recommend that you return the OS to 10.14 or lower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 10.14.6, my problems with the Directv Player occured immediately after Flash Player was updated to 32.0.0.270. This occurs on all my macs. Both on Safari and FireFox. Also on a Mac that is running 10.13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Since Flash Player will end support in 2020, I think it is unlikely to be compatible with macOS 10.15."

Incorrect - Flash Player is compatible with macOS 10.15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, Flash is no longer supported by the new version of Safari, 14.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is correct.  This topic is almost 1 year old so it is no longer applicable to Safari 14, where Apple dropped support for Flash Player.

Due to the age of this topic and  Safari 14 no longer supporting Flash Player, I'm locking this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to re-enable Flash Player in Safari: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it has more to do with Flash Player Update 32.0.0.270 than Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problem with 32.0.0.270 before installing Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Ever since the Catalina update to my MacBook Pro I have not been able to Stream Online from Directv. Some channels are missing or greyed out, only ch-ABC & ESPN work."

This sounds like an issue with the Direct TV app, not Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe  so, but my problem occured imediately after updating Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into the same issue once I updated to 10.15.  I've tried installing with Safari and Chrome on my MacBook Pro with the same error.  Insatll Adobe Flash.  I also get the error message that I need to install the Cisco Video Guard for Directv but Safari nor chrome will find it on my Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try my suggestion above about enabling Flash Player in Safari?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. No go. So for everyone in this post. Apple has been doing downgrades to Mojave free of charge.  The day after I posted this I went to Starbucks and tried to sign in on Wifi (Catalina) and it wouldnt work. The problem is that certain places have a re-direct page that Catalina is not recognizing. So hence the downgrade back to Mojave. On this past Saturday night they had Directv working on Safari and Chrome when I was at Apple store.  After 48 hours neither worked and had Malwere on my Macbook. So I went back to work today because I gave up on Safari and went to Chrome.  There is some setting in Chrome that make a big difference. First the lock button in the address bar. Set it to allow..Always. The way I have gotten Directv to work is to click on a show and click watch.. then click watch live..It will ask for flash to be downloaded. Goto upper right side of address bar and click "run flash this time" and it will work. There is no way to keep that setting as far as I know.  I also don't have Directv Player(Cisco crap installed on chrome). Bottom line Directv needs to fix this b4 2020 and go to HTML. So why don't all of us with this problem call them and bury them with questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines