Exit

Check if Flash Player is installed fails

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have:

PC Windows 7 32bit, Firefox 55.0.3 (32 bit), Flash Version: 27.0.0.130

on flash player help page (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html) we got message (see attachments)Screenshot - 12_09_2017 , 11_01_34.png:

Alert message says:

"Sorry, your computer does not have the latest Flash Player installed.

Please go to step 2. ( Your version27.0.0.130 Latest Version26.0.0.151 )"

But "Your version27.0.0.130" is greater than "Latest Version26.0.0.151".

In addition, the version of the flash player fails to play the video of some sites, so we tried to uninstall and reinstall Flash Player, but the problem remains, and on the Adobe site the above message has been obtained.

Can you give us help?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

The problem that we would like to highlight on the forum is that on flash player help page (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html) we got following message (see previous attachments)

But, and this is our question,

"Your version27.0.0.130"

is greater than

"Latest Version26.0.0.151",

i.e. our version (27.0.0.130) should be already updated, but th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are under the process of pushing 27.0.0.130 build live. While few pages are updated, rest would be updated after some time.

You can check the same after sometime.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This should be fixed now.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the timely response.

we did upgrade Flash Player a few minutes ago and the procedure is finished correctly (like the other times a few hours ago).

We probably did not explain our problems well:

the version of the flash player fails to play the video of some sites, so we tried to uninstall and reinstall Flash Player, but the problem remains. The problem that we would like to highlight on the forum is that on flash player help page (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html) we got following message (see previous attachments)

"Your version27.0.0.130"

is greater than

i.e. our version (27.0.0.130) should be already updated, but the message says the contraire

thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem that we would like to highlight on the forum is that on flash player help page (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html) we got following message (see previous attachments)

"Your version27.0.0.130"

is greater than

i.e. our version (27.0.0.130) should be already updated, but the message says the contraire

You attempted to access the page during the deployment of the new version, hence the widget still displayed that the latest version was 26.0.0.151,. instead of 27.0.0.130.  The deployment tasks are now complete and all content and files should now be updated.  If you're still seeing the message "Sorry, your computer does not have the latest Flash Player installed..." please clear your browser cache and cookies and refresh the page.  The browser will then fetch the new content to display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have tried now and the message is correct:

"Congratulations, your computer has the latest Flash Player installed".

thanks very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  Thank you for confirming you are now able to view the updated content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all, why would Adobe TEST and VERIFY DEPLOYMENT *before* posting the new code... when they have a base of "users" to find their bugs for them... and when they've already announced their intent to kill Flash in 2020?  I've tried over 6 times on 3 different browsers and NOT ONE deployed and works properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill-Austin​,

Could you please provide the following details:

• OS you are using.
  • Browser you are using.
  • How you are trying to deploy Flash Player.
  • What is the exact issue you are seeing.

Posting a screenshot of the issue would help us understand the same better.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all, why would Adobe TEST and VERIFY DEPLOYMENT *before* posting the new code

Deployment is verified and tested umpteen times on a myriad of supported system prior to deployment.

Please provide the information requested by my colleague and we'll investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem just re-occurred... attempting to upgrade 3 browsers (IE11, Firefox (recent but not current), Chrome) to Flash 28.  IE11 update FAILS.  Chrome has issues related to interactions with the uMatrix browser extension, but at least makes a gallant effort.  Firefox works as usual.

OS = Windows 7.  Installing via download from Flash Player Help

I *did* eventually get it installed on IE11 - not sure which of the incantations I tried was the solution.

Note: I routinely run these updates from a non-Admin userID.

Is there a reason why Adobe can't streamline this process, so updating becomes a one-link/one-click process per-browser?  It seems clear that some additional quality control is necessary for Flash 28.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We recommend you to download the latest version of Flash Player from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions page.

Please post a screenshot of the issue you were observing.

If you want to be on the latest version of Flash Player, you could opt for Background updates by selecting "Allow Adobe to Install Updates" during installation. This enables you to get latest version of Flash Player within 24 hours of a new version being released.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have hesitated to "allow Adobe to install updates" specifically because I have multiple browsers installed.

Is there documentation on exactly what "allow Adobe to install updates" does... and when does Adobe do it??  In the absence of documentation, I don't trust it... so I update each browser individually.  (In an ideal world, Adobe would automatically update all my browsers from a single click.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please read "Performing a background update" section in Admin guide available on Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide for Flash Player | Adobe Developer Connection page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill-Austin

Google continues to embed Flash Player in Chrome so there is no need to install the separate Flash Player PPAPI plugin for Chrome.  We do test across a fairly large configuration test matrix, although, I'm not sure if that includes HTTPS Everywhere.  I do have the installed on both my work computer, which is a Windows 7 system, and personal computer, which is Windows 8.1, and have not experienced issues with it on Chrome.

Google, like Microsoft, and Firefox, disable Flash Player by default on their browsers and force users to enable it, usually per site.  The click-to-play implementation varies per browser, and the onus is on the content developer to modify their content to function with the various browser implementations.

With that said, Chrome implements a Site Engagement Index which tends to block Flash, unless a certain index score has been reached, even though Flash is enabled.  You can read more about it at Site Engagement - The Chromium Projects and Google Groups

With regards to Background Update, in addition to the information in the Admin Guide my colleague refers to, the main difference between Background Updates and Notification updates is that a system opted into Background Updates will have all permutations of Flash Player updated within 24 hours of a new version being released.  When a system is opted into Notification Updates it can take up to 7 days for a user to be notified that an update is available, and that Notification will ONLY be for one player type, due to the way the Notification Updates was implemented.  The best option to ensure ALL permutations of Flash Player are updated within 24 hours of a new version being available (assuming a constant internet connection) without any user interaction is to opt into Background Updates.

Please do provide details on what you mean by 'IE11 update FAILS' so that we can investigate further.

Hope this helps.  Glad to answer any further questions you may have.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and releases updates via Chrome component update.  You shouldn't have to install the version separately.

"IE11 update FAILS"

What does this mean?  Please provide details on the error, and a screenshot, as requested.

Note: I routinely run these updates from a non-Admin userID.

Flash Player installation has always required Admin permissions to run as it writes/saves files to elevated directory locations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Chrome 63.0 on Windows 7 (and have had that combination installed for months, dating back to at least Chrome 60.0 and perhaps earlier). 

Flash VERY OFTEN does not work on this platform... *particularly* in concert with HTTPS-Everywhere, which forces secure (https:) connections.  (In fact it does not work *right now* in that combination.)

If you were to visit the Google Chrome support pages, you'd find that reports of Flash Player issues have been common for months.

Bottom line: it seems apparent that Adobe does NOT test enough configurations before release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cleared cookies and cache. i downloaded  flash players newest version,  did what you said and it still says i dont have flash player version installed. so why does it keep saying i dont have the version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did what you said

what did you do, exactly?

To troubleshoot Flash in Chrome, see Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cleared cookies and cache. i downloaded  flash players newest version ! ! !

i tried the flash player help  nothing helped "To troubleshoot Flash in Chrome, see Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help"

when i got to flash player test there is a grayed out puzzle piece which should be a image of some thing i think, i right click on puzzle piece adobe flash player is grayed out. flash player is enabled and i have latest version installed. yet the adobe flash player test says i don't or its not enabled.

i tried everything "help support adobe flash player"  said to do, so why does it keep saying i don't have flash player installed or enabled,  i am loosing stuff on my games because i cant play them cause game keeps telling me to install flash player.

i have a 1 SS  with 2 images you can look at

ty

chris

flash player version not installed or enabled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 days still no help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of Adobe's offices were closed for the holidays.  Re-opening today.

If you cleared your browser cache it deleted all entries in Chrome Site Engagement Index score, thus blocking Flash.  For more information on this see Flash Roadmap - The Chromium Projects and Google Groups .  Again, this is the browser that is blocking Flash Player.  If none of Google's support documents help, I recommend reaching out to Google for assistance, as it's their browser, not Adobe, that is blocking Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines