• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checking the Authenticity of an Adobe Flash Player E-Message I Received

Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to verify the authenticity of an emailed message I received moments ago. It's titled "Critical Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player for macOS" 

There are typos in the message and the hyperlinks come from "adobesystems.ga," which I don't recognize.

It recommends a download of a security bulletin #APSB19-46.

Is this a bona fide e-message from Adobe?

TOPICS
Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

The message may be based on facts but it’s certainly a trick. You would get a virus or worse. This is called Phishing. You can send a copy of the message to phishing@adobe.com. They might be able to close the site down if the .ga domain is open to complaints. 

If if you want to get the latest Flash go to http://get.adobe.com/flash

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wcamp. I just came here to look into the very same email. 

You've spotted some of the same issues I did.  The hyperlinks from "adobesystems.ga" make this a "no fly zone" for me.  The wording of the email is VERY poor and there are so many spots where it's missing spaces between words.  

The more I look at this, the more certain I am it's fraudulent.  I would advise you to DEFINITELY NOT download this.

Just my two cents, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message may be based on facts but it’s certainly a trick. You would get a virus or worse. This is called Phishing. You can send a copy of the message to phishing@adobe.com. They might be able to close the site down if the .ga domain is open to complaints. 

If if you want to get the latest Flash go to http://get.adobe.com/flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@wcamp and @dcarters

What you describe are classical signs of malicious phishing emails.  And as @Test_Screen_Name, do not click on any links in the email.

If you still happen to have the email, see https://helpx.adobe.com/security/alertus.html for information on forwarding this type of email to Adobe for Adobe to follow-up on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines