• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chinese version of adobe flagged as malware

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been receiving reports related to the adobe flash version on some of my devices in china, so far the FlashHelperService.exe has a malicious signature and want to know about it.

Is it necesary to have this file in order to run adobe flash player?

At which point did this exe installed along with the adobe?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

2144 is the official distribution partner for Flash Player in China.  They are aware that the 2144 helper service is being erroneously flagged in various engines in VirusTotal (generally as AdWare, but classification is a vendor-specific choice), and are working to resolve that with the various vendors involved. 

Please contact support@flash.cn directly for more information about the 2144 distribution available in China.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please download the Flash Player from https://www.flash.cn/ for China.

Yes, FlashHelperService.exe is a necessary component to run Flash Player in China. It's installed during the installation process. Can you please share more details about "FlashHelperService.exe has a malicious signature"

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I downloaded the installation package from the official site, and i found that it isn't optional through the installation.

Searching the hash of my alerts:

d73ea76f6f07f96b337335213418b58e3fbc7e4b519fec0ef3fbd19c1d335d81

There is a report on Virus total about the file and the report shows the file as adware

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/d73ea76f6f07f96b337335213418b58e3fbc7e4b519fec0ef3fbd19c1d335d81...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crowdstrike is constantly alerting on this file as well.  Why exactly is Adobe distributing malware in their products??

Annotation 2020-01-29 171426.jpg

Annotation 2020-01-29 171717.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2144 is the official distribution partner for Flash Player in China.  They are aware that the 2144 helper service is being erroneously flagged in various engines in VirusTotal (generally as AdWare, but classification is a vendor-specific choice), and are working to resolve that with the various vendors involved. 

Please contact support@flash.cn directly for more information about the 2144 distribution available in China.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So all 21 (up from 14 last week) VirusTotal vendors are erroneously flagging your software as adware?  And all you can offer is a contact of your Chinese distributor? 

This is not the responsibility of the consumer to clean up your distributor's injection of malware in your own product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not only is FlashHelperService.exe a must-be-running service for Chinese flash player, also is it a bloody ad popper called FF新推荐 that loves giving people surprises.  Flash users know full well why it gets flagged, and many of them are publicly questioning Adobe's business ethics.  try do a quick search on baidu in Chinese. 

the interesting thing is  -I'm being sarcastic, recently somehow the ads managed to pop even with FlashHelperService disabled. 

this is probably how your Chinese partner generates the revenue to pay for Adobe's flash license in China, but i for a user thinks it's a bad idea.  since flash player is said to be insecure, help the Chinese end this dangerous addiction. 

p. s.  I'll still remember the good old days playing with flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines