• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

chrome and-related

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot complete Flash installation because Chrome is open. I do not know why this prompt exists as I have closed every app including Chrome and related.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using windows machine? Can you check in task manager if any chrome related process is running.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's possible some other process is reporting itself as Chrome.  View task manager and select to view processes for all users.  Locate the process identifying itself as Chrome and terminate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar problem. Even after rebooting, I would get an error message saying Chrome was running.

In Task Manager, I could see that Chrome wasn't a running app, however, when I scrolled down through the background processes, I found that the Chrome extensions were running! I closed those. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines