Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome keeps wanting me to install flash

Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated, uninstalled, installed, anything you can possibly think off and yet I keep getting the same message to install adobe flash player in chrome and ie. Is there any other way to fix this. We have done ALL the troubleshooting steps, it is enabled, on both. The most recent version shows up. I really need this figured out so I can turn my homework in by tomorrow and unfortunately at midnight there are no computer stores open...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please specify:

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi acc413

Majority of major browser vendors disable Flash by default, with some forcing a per-site allow (meaning there is no 'allow for all sites' option and each site needs to be allowed individually).

For Chrome, please see Google's tech note Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help  for assistance.

For IE, you don't mention the operating system, and the behaviuor is different depending if you're using Windows 8.1 or below, or Windows 10.  Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/install-flash-player-windows.html (Windows 8.1 or below) or https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-ie.html

If you continue to have issues after working through these tech notes, provide the information previously requested by my colleague.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He very clearly stated that it is enabled

" it is enabled, on both"

why would you suggest that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're asking why someone asked a question 3 years ago? Perhaps because it's worth double checking before getting drastic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given that the thread is from 2017 and is no longer attracting useful commentary, I'm going to lock it. 

If you have a similar problem, please start a new thread, and follow this guide on getting a useful answer: 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines