• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer Screen Problems After Updating Flash Player

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the latest version of Adobe Flash Player I started experiencing problems with my computer's screen. It is an HP laptop. There are blinking white and black lines on the sides of the screen running horizontally. From my observation this occurs only on certain web pages and other programs. I have not been able to identify what is causing this problem with my computer's screen. Please help me as soon as possible. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

This is super weird, like failing hardware weird.

I'm pretty confident that this isn't something that Flash Player is causing, but I'll try and help.

First things first, shut the computer down, let it power all the way off.  If you can pull the battery, do that.  Give it ~30 seconds to let it fully discharge, pop the battery back in and restart the laptop.

If the problem goes away, great.  If not, you might check to see if there are updated drivers for your graphics card.  It's hard to know exact

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is super weird, like failing hardware weird.

I'm pretty confident that this isn't something that Flash Player is causing, but I'll try and help.

First things first, shut the computer down, let it power all the way off.  If you can pull the battery, do that.  Give it ~30 seconds to let it fully discharge, pop the battery back in and restart the laptop.

If the problem goes away, great.  If not, you might check to see if there are updated drivers for your graphics card.  It's hard to know exactly what you're seeing based on the description.  A photo or screenshot (my guess is that this artifact wouldn't actually show up in the screenshot) would be informative, but I'm thinking that there's a physical problem with the display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. The problem actually disappeared after I left my laptop in sleep mode overnight to charge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines