• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Concern about Google ending Flash support

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a game design student. Last semester I took a Flash course that was focused on art. This semester I've enrolled Flash scripting course. However, I still have a few days to switch to another course.

Here's my concern. Yesterday I read that Google has finally pulled the plug on Flash support. Though I realize that I can publish my games in an HTML wrapper with Flash CC, I'm no sure what that means. Does the HTML wrapper mean that others will be able to run my games in the Google browser, even if they don't have the Flash player installed? Is it a waste of time and money to continue studying Flash development? What do you experts think?

Here's the article I'm referring to:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3160644/Google-Mozilla-pull-plug-Adobe-Flash-Tech-gia...

Thanks in advance for your kind help!

A.D.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Hi andradare,

Neither Chrome nor Firefox have pulled Flash Player support.  The latest version of Flash Player works great in both browsers.  Flash Player is built into the Chrome installer (and into ChromeOS).  No changes to this are planned.

Flash remains a great animation tool, video tool, and gaming tool (along with many other uses, including education and enterprise.)  It's installed on billions of systems, and I believe is the most ubiquitous software ever created.  The content you create i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi andradare,

Neither Chrome nor Firefox have pulled Flash Player support.  The latest version of Flash Player works great in both browsers.  Flash Player is built into the Chrome installer (and into ChromeOS).  No changes to this are planned.

Flash remains a great animation tool, video tool, and gaming tool (along with many other uses, including education and enterprise.)  It's installed on billions of systems, and I believe is the most ubiquitous software ever created.  The content you create in class is pretty much guaranteed to work on desktop systems around the world.  If you end up using Adobe AIR, you'll be able to publish this same content to both the Android and iOS app stores targeting billions of mobile devices.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, Chris! I did switch classes, but I'll continue to learn Flash independently. As a dev tool, I agree that it's pretty darn great.

You made me do a double take; I can publish from Flash to iOS using Adobe AIR? I had no idea. As they say, so much to learn, so little time!

Thanks again.

A.D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, not a "correction" so much as an 'update' (I just-now looked at the post's date; and yes, 5 years ago it was correct.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, 5 years ago this was correct.  Adobe didn't announce Flash Player's end-of-life until July 2017.

Locking discussion due to its age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines