• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connection Error for download of Adobe Flash (new edition)

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download the exe file for the new upgraded version of Flash Player so I can play my games as usual, but I keep getting a message reading connection error.  None of the information I am receiving as to how to do it have been the least bit helpful to me as I don't know what processes to stop, etc.  I am on w10 and have not added avast back to my system after the hacker incident last week and a new hard drive install.  Do I even need this thing?  I have vlc media player.  a little help for granny, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Flash is dead.  Don't waste time with it.  The few sites that still rely on Flash Player will be obsolete in a couple of weeks.  Most online videos and games are all HTML-based now.  In other words, they work fine in any modern browser without the need for special players.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Ignore it. You can still download Flash Player and use it for a few days. There is No Replacement - not free, and not for money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is going away in a couple of weeks, if you manage to download it. I suggest you give up and find games that don't need Flash Player. You will know if you have a game that needs it, because you'll get a message about needing to enable Flash Player. No message, all is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is dead.  Don't waste time with it.  The few sites that still rely on Flash Player will be obsolete in a couple of weeks.  Most online videos and games are all HTML-based now.  In other words, they work fine in any modern browser without the need for special players.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  But why does the windows thing keep coming up asking me to download it or uninstall it, then?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same question. I received the message to uninstall Flash Player. I followed the steps and uninstalled, although I received a message that Flash Player is on my Google Chrome but not enabled. To check on my uninstallation, I am linked to a page that consists of instructions on how to install Flash Player. If I understand this correctly, Flash Player is no longer going to be relevant. If this is the case, I don't need to install again, correct. And do I need to remove it somehow from Google Chrome to be safe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show this window message please (a screen shot)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page appeared afer I removed Flash Player:

Important Reminder:

Flash Player's end of life is December 31st, 2020. Please see the Flash Player EOL Information page for more details.

Special offer: Try Photoshop CC, the world’s best imaging and graphic design app. Free for seven days.

Install Flash Player in five easy steps
1. Check if Flash Player is installed on your computer

2. Download the latest version of Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore it. You can still download Flash Player and use it for a few days. There is No Replacement - not free, and not for money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a connection error then that means it needs the internet and the site it comes from to send you data. At the very least it means that swf file is not complete on its own. Tell the site you like about ruffle.rs so they can continue working right.

This might help a bit. https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/psa-playing-flash-after-2020/td-p/11716613

For other swf files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines