• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constantly saying I need to update

New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure other people have posted about this, but I've yet to find anything that actually helps me. Okay, so I've been trying to update my website and while I can access my website with no problems, whenever I go to Wix to actually UPDATE my website I keep getting met with the message that I need to update my Flash Player. Which I did. Repeatedly. And it says that the update was successful. But I still get the message to update.

I've looked up troubleshoots on the adobe site, including making sure Chrome was up to date and I had the latest Flash, which I do, but I'm starting to get really frustrated and I'm not sure if it's on my end or if maybe something is wrong with the Wix site in general.

Like I said, someone may have already asked about this, but I'm not finding anything that helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome embeds Flash Player, so there's no need to install Flash Player separately.  Chrome does disable Flash by default so you most likely just need to enable it.  See Chrome's help page at Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help for assistance.

BTW, that's a suspicious looking message from wix.com, but it does link to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer, which is the official Flash download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed all of the suggested steps on that link last night and again today. Still comes up with the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Chrome, try whitelisting all sites in the Flash list of sites to allow:

1. Launch Chrome, and navigate to chrome://settings/content/flash
  2. In the Allow section, click Add
  3. Add the following two entries:https://*
    http://*
    Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 9.53.41 AM.jpg
  4. Reload Chrome

Did this fix the Chrome issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to just be Chrome that has the issue. I contacted Wix and they had me open it in Firefox which seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines