• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CPU 100% USAGE WHEN USING FLASH PLAYER(YOUTUBE VIDEOS)

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello , my operating system is 8.1 32 bit , flash player version is 28.0.0.161 and i use opera and google chrome(last versions). My laptop is packard bell with 3gb ddr3 ram, pentium p6200,nvidia 610m+intel hd 2000m. When i click play on youtube video, cpu usage is from 30-50% to 100% and video not run normal. Problem is my laptop have slow hardware for flash player 28.0.0.161 and i can't install flash player from 2008-9 years to watch normal youtube videos. Please tell me how to fix that . Thank you!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

google youtube does not use flash since 3 years now. better you contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if youtube doesn't use flash player adobe, how can i uninstall adobe flash player on my windows 8.1 32 bit ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your issue does not come from flash at all. it comes from HTML5/javascript and youtube. contact them

now if you really want to uninstall flash so go to your settings, applications install/uninstall and that's it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enhance your RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Flash Player uninstaller posted at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows and run the uninstaller.  Ignore other instructions on the page.

Chrome embeds Flash Player and there's no way to uninstall the embedded version.  If you delete the files, Chrome will download it again.

As the OP said, YouTube doesn't use Flash video anymore, it's HTML5 video.

Have you viewed Task Manager to see what processes are using the CPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your machine is really old.  On newer hardware, the job of decoding and rendering video is handed by dedicated silicon (i.e. the GPU) on the graphics card.  That hardware is purpose-built to do graphics and video processing, does it faster and with less power consumption, and keeps the CPU free to do other things.

In the instance you're describing, it sounds like the browser (*not* Flash Player) is falling back to decoding and rendering that video in software mode, using the general-purpose CPU.  Since the processor is really old, the job of processing a video using modern compressions algorithms is going to put significant load on it.

There's not a lot you can do here.  You *should* check to see if newer graphics drivers are available for your computer.  It's possible that the graphics hardware is capable of doing the video decoding, but you're running old drivers that were blacklisted because they were problematic.  The latest drivers may have fixes that will allow the browsers to leverage the available hardware.

You can find information on updating graphics drivers here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If updating drivers doesn't help, then you have to change your behavior or change the hardware.  You can do less things on the computer simultaneously to improve performance.  If you have a single open tab and no other applications running on the computer, you've minimized resource contention.  If that's still inadequate from a performance perspective, it's time for new hardware.

Again, this really has nothing to do with Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

btw, another proof that flash is just better than html5/javascript on old machine.... and a lot of people still use them, for various reason (no money for example). Personally I enjoy core2 duo laptop with a graphic card of 512MB playing videos from flash under 45%, html5 is around 50/60, but not only that javascript often crisp the entire browser and computer when too many things are processing....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines