Enthusiast ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I provided some analysis in the corresponding Mozilla bug.

As far as I can tell, this isn't our bug.  My guess is that it's either a driver issue or a bug in the CoreAudio subsystem.  It's definitely specific to certain headphones.  None of our USB headsets exhibit this problem.

As a workaround, you could try setting UseWavAudio=1 in mms.cfg, which would cause you to fall back to the older Windows WAV Audio subsystem.  It would be an interesting data point.

I do have a bug open to our audio team to investigate the issue further, but based on what I'm seeing in the Mozilla crash stats, this is pretty rare and we see more, similar crashes when Flash is not involved.  It's not terribly actionable because we're not able to reproduce it, so it's pretty far down in the queue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeromie.

Thank you for the investigation.

I will try it with your mms.cfg suggestion and will inform you, but it will took some days/weeks until I have a result.

So have a nice time 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines