• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Critical Security Update - Can't tell if it is phishing

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received two emails from email address noreply@emai.lapples.com telling me to click onto a link for a critical security update for Adobe Flash Player.

Is this for real or phishing??

Thanks.

TOPICS
Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real Flash Plugin comes always from adobe.com, the rest is spam/scam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I thought.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. There have been dozens, perhaps hundreds, of critical security updates for Flash. Adobe don’t email us. For one thing, you don’t have to give them your email...so how would they know.

2. If you want the latest Flash Player go to http://get.adobe.com/flash

3. It’s really easy to fake an email address so you can’t see if a email is genuine that way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have mentioned, this is spam/phishing attempts.  Please do not click on the links.

If you still have the emails, please refer to https://helpx.adobe.com/security/alertus.html on how to report phishing emails to Adobe.  Adobe does actively pursue these issues.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got one today as well, the reply email was: mail@info.adobesysstems.com

What caught my eye was the double (ss) in systems misspelled. 

Can you confirm this is spam?

Critical Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player for macOS 

A Security Bulletin (APSB19-46) has been published regarding security updates for Adobe Flash Player.

Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player for macOS.
These updates address a critical vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player.
Successful exploitation could lead to arbitrary code execution in the context of the current user. 

Adobe recommends users update their product installations to the latest versions using the instructions referenced in the security bulletin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter whether it's a fake or not - because in all cases you'd ignore any links in the message. (My money's on a fake, simply because Adobe have never in the past sent out helpful emails like this, and why would this critical update be different from the hundreds that went before).

To get Flash or to get up to date, go to http://get.adobe.com/flash - unless you are using Internet Explorer or Edge in Windows 10, in which case Microsoft supply the fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received the same email many times and figured it was junk mail because of the misspelling in the address.  I sent a message twice to Adobe Help and Adobe online and got absolutely no response.  They really don't seem to care if your computer gets hacked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What email addresses did you send to for "Adobe help" and "Adobe online" please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines