• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl + mouse wheel zoom broken, Flash Player reset to too small for me.

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win7 64-bit

Firefox 59.0.1 (64-bit) after which my games reset themselves

Flash Player v29? (updated about 10 hours ago)

For several years (seriously) my Flash Player has been zoomed to fit my window vertically.  If something happened to reset it then Ctrl + wheel fixed it.  After updating Firefox the other day suddenly my games were back to their original sizes and Ctrl + wheel no longer works.  Mozilla forum expert says it's not a Firefox issue but offered tons of research for me to check out.  Please note that Ctrl + wheel works to zoom everything around the player's frame, but not the frame itself.  Based on a post here I unchecked the hardware acceleration with no success.  I have 4 links for you:

Mahjong Slide | Free Online Mahjong Games

WOW Connect | Free Online Mahjong Games

FreePlaySolitaire - Alternations

Play Bloons Tower Defense 5 - BTD 5 - Ninja Kiwi, Creators of the best free online TD games on the w...

I use these and other games to keep my aging brain challenged, so I feel nearly desperate for help.  Please.

Thank you for your time and efforts!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works fine for me, using the same config.

What you're trying to accomplish is to zoom the entire page.  This means that you need to tell Firefox to zoom the page in and out.

If you put the mouse cursor over the game, and/or click on it, then the game has focus, and those mouse events are going to get consumed by the game.  It's up to the game to handle them, but a.) the game doesn't have control over the entire page, so it can't zoom it, and b.) that input could reasonably be used for actual gameplay.

Instead, if you place the mouse cursor on the surrounding page and then attempt to zoom with ctrl-mousewheel (or ctrl + / - ), then Firefox is going to get those events and zoom the page accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeromiec83223024, thank you for responding, but I think you misunderstood.  I have the ability to zoom everything except the game.

Under normal circumstances I would left click on the game then Ctrl + wheel to enlarge the game while everything else remains the same.  Game enlargement isn't working for me now, and it is straining for my eyes.

Can you think of anything else?  Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it sounds more a game developer issue than Flash. Did you contact them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be super crisp, the size of the game increases proportionally with the size of the other elements on the page while zooming with the browser for me.

The browser tells us what size rectangle to draw ourselves in, and I can't think of anything that we've done lately that would have caused this.

i also can't reproduce it.

i've tested with;

Firefox 59.0.1 (64-bit and 32-bit) on Win7 x64 SP2 1 with Flash Player 29.0.0.113

Firefox 61.0a1 (2018-03-22) (64-bit) with Flash Player 29.0.0.113

Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) with Flash Player 29.0.0.113

Internet Explorer 11 with Flash Player 29.0.0.113

I can't come up with a reasonable explanation for why this might happen.  My guess is that Firefox isn't sending us the event that tells us the dimensions of our rectangle changed, or we're not getting it.

Have you rebooted the computer since you starting having this problem?  If not, actually shut the machine down, let it sit for a few seconds so that all of the components and fully discharge, and then fire it back up.  I have a strong suspicion that this will fix it for you.

If not, I'd suggest checking to see if the problem is specific to a single browser (it's an interesting data point), and if so, you might want to uninstall and reinstall Flash Player and the affected browser.

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

You can download the latest Flash Player from here (use the browser that you're reinstalling to get the right variant):

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If you're still stuck, the output from dxdiag would be really interesting. Maybe it's specific to a resolution or display type, although that seems like a pretty remote possibility.

Instructions are towards the end of this guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, as a workaround, Windows has a built-in magnifier in the accessibility tools:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11542/windows-use-magnifier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines