• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Definitive Answer Needed; Will Flash work after January 1st, 2021 if I Whitelist my local site?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing all kinds of discussions about this and I'd like Adobe's response.  I have an internal application that relies upon flash.  Will flash still work for this application if I whitelist it's URL in my browser?  I access the application via a server:port pair and subfolder and executable under it.  I.e. server:1234/subfolder/executable.

It is not viable for us to upgrade this application

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Adobe are NOT giving any kind of definitive answer to people looking for loopholes. They are looking, instead, to close the loopholes and stop you running Flash !! No exceptions, not even important ones. (I do not work for Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are NOT giving any kind of definitive answer to people looking for loopholes. They are looking, instead, to close the loopholes and stop you running Flash !! No exceptions, not even important ones. (I do not work for Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In any case, whitelist or no whitelist, the browsers themselves will stop running Flash. This is a team effort to stop your app working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines