• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" on a Mac

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I noticed something called "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" on my Mac today (in the Finder folder). I don't recall ever downloading Flash, and I certainly never installed the Adobe Flash Player Install Manager. The only Adobe app I use or have actively downloaded is Acrobat Reader.

I am trying to delete the Adobe Flash Player Install Manager from my Mac, but I am prompted to enter my Mac password. I am hesitant to enter this info becasue I dont even know what the Adobe Flash Player Install Manager is/ if it is legitimate.

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue? What even is the Adobe Flash Player Install Manager, and should I enter my mac password to delete this off my machine?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Screenshots are super helpful for those "should I ... " questions.  It's most likely the operating system asking for your permission to run the uninstaller.  You don't want random software to be able to just modify the system without a speed bump.  The uninstaller will need elevated permissions to remove Flash Player, so MacOS is going to give you a prompt as part of that process.

For completeness, here's a link to the Flash Player uninstaller for Mac.  It will remove both Flash Player and the

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original poster here: I should mention that I looked through my apps and don't even see "Adobe Flash Player" installed. Just Adobe Acrobat. Thus, I'm not sure where the Adobe Flash Player Install Manager came from if I don't have Adobe Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player is not an app, so you will never see it in Applications. It is an add on for web browsers, needed to look at certain web pages. It will be discontinued at the end of the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" is saved to the /Applications/Utitilies directory after installing Flash Player.  Since Flash Player is a browser plugin, not an app, it's not saved in /Applications directory.  Instead it's saved at /Library/Internet Plug-Ins

If you have Flash Player plugin installed and delete Adobe Flash Player Install Manager.app you'll orphan the plugin.  If you want to get rid of Adobe Flash Player Install Manager.app, double-click the app to launch the Flash Player uinstaller. Adobe Flash Player Install Manager.app deletes itself after Flash Player has been uninstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots are super helpful for those "should I ... " questions.  It's most likely the operating system asking for your permission to run the uninstaller.  You don't want random software to be able to just modify the system without a speed bump.  The uninstaller will need elevated permissions to remove Flash Player, so MacOS is going to give you a prompt as part of that process.

For completeness, here's a link to the Flash Player uninstaller for Mac.  It will remove both Flash Player and the auto-update helper.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! I followed these directions and uninstalled Adobe Fash. It is no longer listed on my computer (it was before) so I believe I did it correctly. However, the "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" is still appearing on my tool bar. It has not asked me to do anything, but I would like to remove this app as well. Do you have intructions to do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines